Qbasicnews.com
ON TIMER - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QBasic (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: QB Discussion & Programming Help (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: ON TIMER (/thread-10051.html)

Pages: 1 2

ON TIMER - zoasterboy - 10-01-2007

I'm trying to use ON TIMER in a program, but so far everything I do with ON TIMER isnt working. I'm not sure if I'm using incorrect syntax or of it's just incorrect semantics.

Can anyone post up a simple example that does something every few seconds?

Thanks!

Re: ON TIMER - Mac - 10-01-2007

(10-01-2007, 05:49 AM)zoasterboy link Wrote:post up a simple example that does something every few seconds?

Code:
ON TIMER(3) GOSUB Show3
TIMER ON
CLS
WHILE INKEY$ = "": WEND
SYSTEM
Show3:
ShowNow = ShowNow + 1
IF ShowNow = 3 THEN
  PRINT "Press any key to terminate program when you get tired of this"
ELSE
  PRINT "3 Seconds passed"
END IF
RETURN

Re: ON TIMER - Mac - 10-07-2007

>Sad

Well, zoasterboy. Are you some kind of idiot? Why haven't you replied to this thread. You have a proposed answer. If it is adequate, say "thanks", if not, state what further information you need.

Please stay off the internet if you are stupid to respond to answers to your questions.

Mac

Re: ON TIMER - wildcard - 10-07-2007

(10-07-2007, 06:50 AM)Mac link Wrote:>Sad

Well, zoasterboy. Are you some kind of idiot? Why haven't you replied to this thread. You have a proposed answer. If it is adequate, say "thanks", if not, state what further information you need.

Please stay off the internet if you are stupid to respond to answers to your questions.

Mac

Mac, zoasterboy has not logged back on or been here since he posted his question, some people don't have access to the internet regularly.

Re: ON TIMER - roy - 10-07-2007

I think Mac is mixing too much with Clippy from QBasic Station. It is funny but ever since I flamed Clippy, Mac has become more like Clippy and Clippy has become the good guy.

Re: ON TIMER - Mac - 10-08-2007

(10-07-2007, 01:33 PM)wildcard link Wrote:Mac, zoasterboy has not logged back on or been here since he posted his question, some people don't have access to the internet regularly.

Good point - I was losing it due to multiple unanswered posts on various forums and didn't think of internet access problems. Will try to be a little more tolerant in the future, but I really think a person should not post a question if he cannot get access. At the minimum, make signature equal to "Sorry, I can only access the internet once a month, so I will respond to any answers to my question much later."

Unfortunately, I think the honest signature of many people is

"Above is my question. If I figure it out myself or get an answer on some other forum, I will never respond to the effort you foolishly made to answer it. Even if I see your advice and try it later and it works, I am too selfish and lazy to think to come back - why should I do that? I already have all I need from you so get lost, loser!"

Whenever I post a question on any forum, I make a shortcut to that thread and put it on my desktop and click on it at least once a day until I feel it's time to close the thread with "Thanks" or "Never mind, I decided to do it some other way" or whatever.

But anyway, point taken, thanks wildcard.

Mac

Re: ON TIMER - Mac - 10-08-2007

I should add that zoasterboy posted the question at 1:49 and I answered at 4:39. Doesn't he know the difference between a forum and a chatroom? You have to check for replies even a day or two later. So even though I was extreme and will improve my wording in the future, he still owes the forum an explanation of what happened. Example I expect to see if he ever returns: "Shortly after I made that post, my PC busted and I lost all interest in that problem as I lost the program and all my data and have been working hard after school to save money to get a new PC. Now that I am back, sorry for your frustration - I'm sure your answer was useful and if I ever get back to that problem, I will try it".

Re: ON TIMER - zoasterboy - 10-24-2007

Hey people, sorry I havnt been around, Ive been highly busy with other things, I'm taking courses from this new IB program at school, and it's very home work intensive. The project involving this question was put to the side (A Qbasic based DDR clone, to be exact).

Also, usually I enable email alerts for new posts in topics I have posted in or created. I check my email daily, and always respond with some sort of recognition, but for some reason I didnt get an email for this post, and so as other things took my attention, I forgot about it.

Very sorry for seeming disrespectful, I'm truley thankful for the help!

Re: ON TIMER - Dr_Davenstein - 10-24-2007

Mac can be a dick. Don't worry about it. Wink I haven't been getting email replies from this site either.  ???

Re: ON TIMER - Mac - 10-24-2007

(10-24-2007, 11:18 AM)Dr_Davenstein link Wrote:I haven't been getting email replies from this site either.  ???

That explains a lot. If the site email has broken but used to work, then I can see why someone would ask a question and not check back. No email means nobody answered so therefore no need to check back. All forgiven there.

I would have appreciated a comment about the code I supplied, but I also know that if you have lost all interest in the problem, you certainly have no interest in the solution.

In the future, I would advise all to use a forum where the EMail works.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/13959/
This works.

Mac