Qbasicnews.com
Oldies still around? - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Oldies still around? (/thread-10219.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Oldies still around? - Lachie Dazdarian - 02-16-2010

I randomly pop in from....damn, you took my line Fling. Tongue

Anyway, time sure flies. Way too fast if you ask me. What happened with my life? What happened with my dreams? What....khm...never mind.

I don't do QB for ages now. I was rather active in FB game design for a while, but it must be over a year and a half now since I didn't release anything, and many months since I coded anything at all. I guess I lost my mojo or something. I do maintain http://games.freebasic.net and organize a FB game making competition here and there, but nothing spectacular. If I disappear, don't be surprised.

It's all...you know, meh...

Didn't lost interest in game design really. I'm just very, very out of form. Thinking about writting something, but I have so much to practice and stuff to learn in that department which is all leaving me somewhat apathic. I'm employed and I'm living with my girlfriend. Smile

I'm going to see Metallica in May.

Meh... Tongue

Re: Oldies still around? - xteraco - 12-20-2010

Sorry to post in this old thread, I just thought it'd be a perfect place to say I still visit. From time to time. Big Grin

Re: Oldies still around? - Scrapyard - 05-30-2011

Sorry for posting in this old thread but I just thought I should give a shout Smile. It has been almost 10 years since I made my last post here, but my old account still works. Back in the day I was known as the guy who always had a small snipped of code for coders in need Big Grin. It's nice to see Neo, pr0gger and Na_th_an are still 'active'. I still have most of my old qb programs on my computer. I never had the heart to delete them, it's like some kind of old photo book of code now. Qb has taught me lots of things about coding and it is what I am still doing today, although in Java and .net...

Well I wish all of you qb coders all the best!
Cheers  ;D

Re: Oldies still around? - Jocke The Beast - 09-18-2011

*waves*
Just dropped in...many years since last visit. Nice to see QBN isn't dead.
Nowadays I dream of making my own roguelike but there's one little problem.... to do that I must start learing how to code again  :Smile
Cheers!

Re: Oldies still around? - wildcard - 09-18-2011

Great to see you Jocke, does this mean DW3 is out now?? The guys camping out for it's release are running low on rations.

Re: Oldies still around? - Jocke The Beast - 09-26-2011

(09-18-2011, 04:36 AM)wildcard link Wrote: Great to see you Jocke, does this mean DW3 is out now?? The guys camping out for it's release are running low on rations.
Mr Wildcard, how nice to see you here again Smile
The guys camping...all we can do now is to pray for them I guess Wink

Re: Oldies still around? - relsoft - 09-30-2011

(09-26-2011, 03:01 AM)Jocke The Beast link Wrote: [quote author=wildcard link=topic=13343.msg154588#msg154588 date=1316302577]
Great to see you Jocke, does this mean DW3 is out now?? The guys camping out for it's release are running low on rations.
Mr Wildcard, how nice to see you here again Smile
The guys camping...all we can do now is to pray for them I guess Wink

[/quote]

Yo. Long time no see!

Speaking of DW3, I've been meaning to finish it on the Nintendo DS but I've lost my copy on a crash. Anyway to send me a copy of the sprites?  I only need the sprites buddy.

As for me, I'm into Nintendo DS homebrews. My latest game is here:

http://rel.phatcode.net/

Space Impakto DS. A completed game BTW.

[Image: SIDS_screen_03.png]

Vids on youtube.

Re: Oldies still around? - Dr_Davenstein - 10-05-2011

Wow.... lol.... How nostalgic... again. Smile

Re: Oldies still around? - Jofers - 10-05-2011

What, you thought THAT was nostalgic?  Get a load of this:

[Image: tilesv11.gif]
[Image: enemysprites.gif][Image: eduinsprites.gif]
[Image: powerups.gif][Image: animations.gif]
[Image: bomb.gif][Image: bushdie.gif][Image: cstab.gif][Image: explode.gif][Image: fire1.gif][Image: fire2.gif][Image: fire3.gif][Image: firewall.gif][Image: firewall1.gif][Image: firewall2.gif][Image: firewall3.gif][Image: freeze.gif][Image: inaction.gif][Image: telerune.gif][Image: water.gif]

Re: Oldies still around? - Jocke The Beast - 10-06-2011

;D Nice memories... If we all could turn back time I guess the most productive thing to do...is that if you guys dumped me along the road, DW3 could actually be done by today  ;D

Anyways, belive it or not...as we speak I'm currently trying to code a bit. Using Rick Clarks fenomenal Let's Build a Roguelike-tutorial and tries to make one myself (well, more or less a modified version of the tutorial-game if one must be honest). So....wish me luck old friends  Wink