Qbasicnews.com
My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QBasic (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: QB Projects (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT (/thread-1343.html)

Pages: 1 2

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - aetherfox - 06-28-2003

I dont know how I have been percieved, but some people seem to think I am making a site to unseat QB45...if that's what you want, then OK, Ill happily do it.

1) I'm not doing this for games. There will never be games on this site apart from demonstrations for certain topics.
2) Vote truthfully here, and I will make the site accordingly.

So I am getting mixed views. If you want to unseat QB45, well I could do that with time. I will still have that hosting thing btw, so that shouldn't influence your decisions/

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - Rokkuman - 06-28-2003

Sure, why not. We need another QB Megasite around here. I'm still wondering how it'll turn out without games though, that's pretty much one of the only things QB is used for, besides making smaller applications and viewers and whatnot. But I do beleive that if you really put the effort into it. You can also have a large site. Good Luck!

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - aetherfox - 06-28-2003

The whole point of this site is so it doesn't get spoilt by games. It will have resources like sounds, libs, tutorials, graphics, utlilties etc.

When people put games onto sites the sites lookse interest in whatever else is on a site.

Go to any filehosting and you will see what I mean.

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - Jocke The Beast - 06-28-2003

I respect your attitude about this thing aetherfox, the thing with no games on a qbasic website, but I personally don't think that a site can unseat qb45 without games.... but that doesn't bother me at all since I like qb45 and I'm looking forwards to see your new site, which I think will be great for this community. The best of luck I wish you.

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - toonski84 - 06-28-2003

...I thought your site was a place for people to upload their projects?

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - Piptol - 06-28-2003

Well, I don't really see why 'unseating' anything or anybody is an issue. You're creating a new site for the QB community to the best of your ability, and that great and noble cause is enough. If it turns out to be better then great, if not then that's fine too. You don't have to be in competition as such - we're jus' one big happy family here Big Grin

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - Rokkuman - 06-28-2003

We discussed this over MSN, the point isn't really to beat QB45, it's just a way of saying should he aim for one of the greatest sites that's part of the community.

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - Hexadecimal Disaster - 06-28-2003

Quote:...I thought your site was a place for people to upload their projects?

Yeah, I supossed the same thing. Kinda Chaoticmass' SIA site. Or at least that was my impression.

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - na_th_an - 06-28-2003

mine too :???:

Anyhow, if you have *room*, go for it.

My upcoming site...a question - IMPORTANT - aetherfox - 06-29-2003

Upload projects?

Really?

Is that how it came acrosss.?

Wow i didn't mean that at all...

I think there are enough of those type of sites...

I didn't exactly mean to "unseat"...my implication was to fill in the non-gaming gap...I personally don't think games are the biggest things for QB...maybe thats what keeps it alive, but there are already waaaaaaay too many people with games sites.

Hail.,