Qbasicnews.com
changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QBasic (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: QB Discussion & Programming Help (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! (/thread-1864.html)

Pages: 1 2

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - joshuan - 08-29-2003

there is a better library that future 3.5????

especially with large sprites handlig (like 640x480)

in 800x600 svga mode????

im usig future lib but, it crash very often when a use a lot of sprites in xms memory

any ideas???

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - potato - 08-29-2003

doesn't UGL ? i haven't used it...

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - red_Marvin - 08-30-2003

C++ and Allegro Tongue

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - potato - 08-30-2003

If that's what we're going into, just use straight up ASM.

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - Agravein - 08-30-2003

Try to use EMSarray, EMSPutx and minimum of handles.

Re: changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - TheBigBasicQ - 09-05-2003

Quote:there is a better library that future 3.5????

especially with large sprites handlig (like 640x480)

in 800x600 svga mode????

im usig future lib but, it crash very often when a use a lot of sprites in xms memory

any ideas???

Could u post the code which crashes FL. I have used FL for quite some time now and it hasnt crashed even once.
If u try to XMSGet something without actually allocating a handle for it then it will definitely crash.
With UGL I experience large amount of crashes.

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - oracle - 09-06-2003

BigBasicQ is definately pushing Blitz's button now :lol: UGL is a great lib, it will only crash if you code in it wrong (the vast majority of the time). If you use UGL's debug lib instead of the release one you can find out the problem and fix it.

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - TheBigBasicQ - 09-07-2003

Quote:BigBasicQ is definately pushing Blitz's button now :lol: UGL is a great lib, it will only crash if you code in it wrong (the vast majority of the time). If you use UGL's debug lib instead of the release one you can find out the problem and fix it.

Oracle, Since when has it become a crime to tell the truth? My comp. freezes up even when using UGL in *debug* mode. I am not new to libraries or anything. AND I am certainly not dumb! I didnt mean any harm to blitz or UGL. I just told what happens when I try to run UGL's example which loads UVF fonts etc.... These are included in UGL's examples! I havent been able to *code* my own programs. I havent had any trouble running any compiled(not on my comp.)programs written in UGL like Seph's game, Pong etc.

I have made serious attempts to use UGL but every time I try, I am deterred by crashes for apparently no reason at all. I am using WinME so I guess there shouldnt be any trouble about XMS or EMS. Also libs like DQB, FL run perfectly in the QB IDE. Why should ugl behave like this?

If you still feel I am pushing blitz's button then may be it would be fair that you help me finding the reason behing these crashes.

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - Agravein - 09-08-2003

I must sadly agree. When Future Library exits to IDE with error, UGL crashes, even in debug mode. But, UGL is truly faster! Too bad it don't support blender maps Sad

changing FUTURE lib for WHAT!!!!! - oracle - 09-08-2003

Reasons? There should be an error log. And perhaps it is something different about your setup that UGL can't/won't handle. Send a PM or something to Blitz explaining your problem.