Qbasicnews.com
Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey... - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey... (/thread-2540.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey... - na_th_an - 11-22-2003

Quote:Spain

That's so true and our police forces are working against it. And I'm sure in your country there is also slavery. I don't know it, but it's for sure that many young girls are threatened in prostibles all around the world. What a sad thing.

Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey... - oracle - 11-22-2003

Not on a large scale in NZ. We're too isolated, and there's no market for underpaid people. In fact, the last case I remember that was like "slavery" was a few years ago, and it was an indian guy importing indians to cook in his indian takeaway place. Some habits die hard, I guess :roll:

Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey... - RST - 11-22-2003

It's surprising how as soon as one person tried to get a "moment of silence", so to speak, for the victims of a the bombing, everyone felt like they had to feel it with arguments of why they are right and everyone else is wrong....

Just a thought.

Anyway, over four hundred American (and other) soldiers lie dead in Iraq (which, coincidently enough, happens to be a very oil-rich country), along with untold hundreds (thousands?) of civilians. No weapons of mass destruction were unearthed as their graves were being dug.

Regardless of whether or not humanitarian reasons justified the war in Iraq, it is clear that WMD - the sole original reason put fouth by the American goverment for invasion - was just a bunch of BS.

And for those who think it was also because of terrorists:
Sift through the propaganda the from the Bush administration - this reason was never directly said, merely implied by carefully worded rhetoric.

Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey... - Agamemnus - 11-22-2003

Quote:WMD - the sole original reason put fouth by the American goverment for invasion

Not true.

Quote:funny how Iraq became a "threat" when Bush came into power. The 8 years that Clinton was in power, nothing was said about Iraq.

Again, not true.

It seems that the only people I argue with on these people don't get all their facts straight, just part of them.

Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey... - SJ Zero - 11-22-2003

No, of course not. there were also the always good "Saddam Hussein is a very very bad man. We should break into his house and kill his family!", and my personal favourite, "Aren't you glad he's dead?"

No, if you looked at the press as I did, WMDs were THE reason bush was pitching the war with. A breach of resolution 1411 or whatever it was called. Of course, since it wasn't, he's morally set America up to be invaded by whoever wants to do it, because after you start killing people you don't like just becase you don't like them, you can't go back to calling yourself moral, no matter what your pathetic justification for your actions.

Go lynch a man, and you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: And just in case you watch a lot of FOX news, there have been NO established links between Iraq + Saddam Hussein and Al Queda. Supposedly the US is fighting a war on terrorism, but it's doing it in an awfully roundabout way if they're going about attacking the countries with NO links to terrorism FIRST.

Quote:EDIT: And just in case you watch a lot of FOX news, there have been NO established links between Iraq + Saddam Hussein and Al Queda. Supposedly the US is fighting a war on terrorism, but it's doing it in an awfully roundabout way if they're going about attacking the countries with NO links to terrorism FIRST.

In fact, if you watch just about half an hour of Fox News, you'll hear that most of the bad people killing coalition troops+iraqis inside Iraq are Al Qaeda terrorists.

Gotta love the American Media. Just think, what would have happened if they had LOST the cold war against the fascists? Maybe Fox News really would be our "fair and balanced" news source?

Quote:Gotta love the American Media. Just think, what would have happened if they had LOST the cold war against the fascists? Maybe Fox News really would be our "fair and balanced" news source?

Well. Then, of course, neither Nek nor most of the people here would be alive, because the fascist Nazi Russian dogs would have nuked (with 100x more powerful nukes than hiroshima) most of the rest of the world just for fun. In retaliation, the US would have nuked Russian bases in Cuba, thus, with their big ass nukes (that are 1000x more powerful than hiroshima), destroying Puerto Rico, the southern US, New Zealand, Spain, and most of Puerto Rico in the process.

Basically all cities within 10 or so miles of the sea would be destroyed. . .

yeeahhh. Riiiight. To be frank, I don't think either side is stupid enough to destroy the world. I mean, the fascists had nukes, but I'm pretty sure they realized the ramifications if they used them. I'm also pretty sure that even a yahoo like Ronald "you can't have star wars AND bedtime with bonzo" Reagan in charge, the thought of everyone everywhere dying just wasn't too appealing. ;p

Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey... - toonski84 - 11-22-2003

The civilian death count, as reported by the associated press, was somewhere around 3400. This was in April, based off a survey of half the nation's hospitals. The real count is thought to be significantly higher, and it's been 7 months since then.

Just today, another 16 people were killed by a bomb. Terrorists suck, at lack of a better thing to say.

But yes, both sides were stupid enough to destroy the world. US
sub captains literally had the keys in place ready to turn in the Cuban Missile Crisis. And Eisenhower had to dismiss the thought of nuking Korea in the war (it was a popular idea). Also, I'm almost positive that Nixon is to blame for preventing China and Russia using nukes on each other in the 70s. *sigh* He was a brilliant foreign policy leader if he was so damned power-corrupt domestically.