Qbasicnews.com
Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. (/thread-2639.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - Adigun A. Polack - 12-01-2003

To all of the ***MOST VASTLY DEAREST*** QB45/QB71 community:

A very finely superb week to you all for the ENTIRE week of November 30-December 6, 2003.

On my revised version of my Official Rules of the “QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo (Summer & Autumn 2003)” — which originally was revised on Thanksgiving Day — when I wrote that down for the QBasicNews Forums, I thought that NOTHING would go wrong at all on that. But, as it turned out, I was **actually** stirring up such blatant complaints and wars among apparently many of you all on those current rules all because I was forcefully cramming my kind of views of God down your throats, just literally shutting out your views of religious-based backgrounds. Oh, I didn’t know it. I **DID NOT** even k-n-o-w that THAT was what I was doing AT ALL, as I later found out after I was reinstalling MS Windows 98 (due to the fact that it was not working right from early this past weekend! Sad ! ), finally getting the OS to work, and successfully connected to the World Wide Web!! And you know what, from the rather moment I found that out, I FELT LIKE A BLATANT M-O-R-O-N! :*( !! I FLAT wanted to get **VERY RATHER** upset over that, and just permanently leave the QBasicNews forums for good for SUCH a case that the hurtfulness against me has continued from within that very same weekend. BUT (and I *DO* mean this!!!), I am __NEVER__ gonna even bother to do all of that. (On purpose, I am *SO* deeply sorry to you all, fair and square, on putting you all down like that. Please forgive me. Cry !! ) You know what I am gonna do instead..................

I am just gonna be myself in a plain-brutally honest, well-balanced way. Deliberately. Big Grin !!!

Do you know what this means, please?

It simply means, first and foremost, I, Adigun Azikiwe Polack, am the *only* one person that I am __NEVER__ gonna get away from, ever. Secondly, while I believe at least somebody DOES like me, I honestly *do not* expect just ALL people to do so all the way (and believe me, I simply don’t believe that I am a normal person; RATHER, I believe myself to be ***an EXTRAORIDINARY person being a rather blessing to you all ON-PURPOSE***, whether you truly even deserve *any* of it or not! ;*) !!! ) And thirdly, as much as this sounds to me like the ROCK-BOTTOM, CRAZY-DUMBEST thing I have ever done to my Official Rules, I will make some major changes to the style of them, to benefit YOU, so that they will NO LONGER single out my religious-based views against yours at all. I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE GONNA LIKE THAT A LOT. Cool !!

Sure I do not expect even _close_ to a lot of replies out of this one, but look, I *JUST* wish you all a MOST PROSPEROUS December 2003 and the most merriest Christmas EVER, and..............

I WILL MAKE MY COMPO A ***SMASHING*** SUCCESS!!! Big Grin !!

NOW HERE IS SOMETHING THAT YOU WILL **ABSOLUTELY NEVER** FORGET,

[Image: AAPMini.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Webmaster of the AAP Official Homepage
Official Founder of the “QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo”

P.S. Lachie, I brutally honestly want to ***SPLENDIDLY*** congratulate you on your “One-Control-Key” challenge, even though I have NEVER experienced much of it fully myself. EXCELLENT WORK, man!!! Big Grin !!

Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - Zack - 12-02-2003

For those of us on subSilver, white and yellow are simply unreadable.

Thank you for noticing, Zack. I did not know that. - Adigun A. Polack - 12-02-2003

To Zack:

Thank you so much for reminding me about that. Since this forum board regularly consists of two templates — SubSilver and SmartDark — I’d recommend the SmartDark setting because it is my favorite setting and is the one that is used by default when you regularly check out the QBasicNews Forums without logging on at all (many people can read them like that, apparently). When you log on, however, the setting is normally changed to SubSilver. I’ll learn to be more careful which colors to use when writing my posts. Big Grin

Again, I thank you so much, Zack!! Cool !

WITH SHEER HONESTY,

[Image: AAPMini.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Webmaster of the AAP Official Homepage
Official Founder of the “QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo”

Re: Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - na_th_an - 12-02-2003

Quote:[...]so that they will NO LONGER single out my religious-based views against yours at all. I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE GONNA LIKE THAT A LOT. Cool !![...]

Congrats for that. This is gonna cheer many people to enter the compo.

Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - eQuuskia - 12-02-2003

na_th_an: You are absolutely correct. I am content to know that the rules will finally be revised, as many people had already suggested, and I believe that this will encourage more people to join the compo. Good luck AAP.

By the way AAP, is it possible for you to respond to my email and/or PM? I have been waiting since last Friday for a response. Thank you in advance.

Re: Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - adosorken - 12-02-2003

Quote:And thirdly, as much as this sounds to me like the rock-bottom, crazy-dumbest thing I have ever done to my Official Rules, I will make some major changes to the style of them, to benefit you, so that they will no longer single out my religious-based views against yours at all. I believe that you are gonna like that a lot. Cool !
A small war, multiple admin intervention, and many users complaining about this issue...and you think it's dumb? It's dumb to support the members of the community? It's not dumb at all, it's quite smart. Filtering out your rules is the smartest thing you can do if you want to make your compo succeed. I've told you this and so have a score of other people. It's about time you're finally going to listen. You might even see an entry from me, and if you do, look out Qmunity because you have a serious contender here Wink

About the skins dude...there are three. Helius is a choice now as well. And some of us can't use smartDark because it's...well, too dark. When I'm browsing this forum on my monitor, I can't use smartDark because it's virtually unreadable, so I use Helius or, occasionally, subSilver. I normally do use smartDark though. IMO, all three skin choices are pretty blah. Would be nice to see something like Chronicles here, or even DarkEQ.

AAP, I sincerely hope that all that has happened has taught you something, and I hope that that something is that you need to listen to the people and actually contribute to the scene in a useful, effective manner. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that three compo entries isn't much to brag about when you've been running a compo for so long (my long compos tend to draw 20-30 people). Your rules were the reason. In addition, what you consider original isn't what someone else considers original. Originality comes in many flavors, and even by blending familiar factors in a unique, new way, things that individually are not original are presented in a way that is.

The scene is vast, man. People from all over the world come here, representing many ideals, backgrounds, and yes, religions. To shut them out with such closed-mindedness is a slap in the face to any good person who tries hard. So maybe this will be a step in the right direction for you; maybe you will realize that you need to be more tolerant of people's beliefs (and not call them unholy or blasphemous) and WAY more open-minded. I sincerely hope so, because if you had listened in the first place, this whole war would have never happened at all.

Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - Rhiannon - 12-02-2003

I have a hard time believing you didnt know your rules were offending anyone, or that people thought you were shoving your religion down their throat, cuz i was the first one that pointed out the problems in your rules, and you basically told me to shut up. If you dont remember then i'll be glad to look it up for you. Besides that, there were numerous other threads and complaints about your compo rules. I even offered to help you rewrite them so people would join your compo. (i believe eQuuskia offered to help you too, a shame you turned her down, her writing could convince an Eskimo to buy ice.)

As for the "hurtfulness" that you seem to be experiencing, you have brought it upon yourself by not listening to those very people you wanted to have join your compo. Revising your rules to meet this end is not dumb or crazy. It is prolly the smartest thing i've heard you say.

Anywho, if you still want help, you can always pm me. My offer from before still stands. Good luck to ya.

(btw,. answer the lady man, it aint nice to make her wait like that Wink)

Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - adosorken - 12-02-2003

PS: AAP, you're not a moron. You just needed to have your eyes opened. What's done is done and I don't think anyone is going to hold the past against you now that you have recognized why your writings caused so much trouble. I fully encourage you to take this opportunity to truly work for the betterment of the Qmunity.

Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - Zack - 12-02-2003

Quote:By the way AAP, is it possible for you to respond to my email and/or PM? I have been waiting since last Friday for a response. Thank you in advance.
Yeah, he hasn't answered mine either...

Sometimes, you just *gotta* be yourself. Deliberately. - Mech1031 - 12-03-2003

One more thing. In smartdark, the text you type is aoutomatically white, why do you need to change it to white again? (this is directed toward APP)