Qbasicnews.com
Chaser - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QBasic (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: QB Projects (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Chaser (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thanks everyone! - Oinkerwinkle - 05-11-2002

Thanks for the info everyone! I added the PCOPY thing(my game is using 16 colors). Big Grin

Is there any way to run 2 libs at the same time? I need /l because of the Multikey, and I don't know how do add /ah on top of that.

Hu? - Zap - 05-11-2002

The AH switch is not a lib, just do like this:

Base use of the qb.exe (I know there are more switches, but this is what you need):

QB [Bas file to load] [/l[libraryname]] [/ah]

Example:

QB chaser /l MULTIKEY /ah

If you really need to load two libs at a time (meaning that you need to combine then), then just tell.

/Zap

Re: ... - wizardlife - 05-11-2002

Quote:....you must connect XD and YD.How?

When you raise or lower XD you must decrase YD from to 0 to get a better effect try it.Also do it with YD.When raising or lowering him you decrase XD to 0.Also you need to work on bouncing of walls.

I think the main thing you need to change is that you need to start keeping track of the player positions using Real values, rather than integers, and then converting them to integers at the last minute before writing to the screen. That way, you can have smaller increments -- for example, accelerate by .2 each keypress, rather than a full 1. It'll make everything a lot smoother, and give you a lot more control over the motion, if you wanted to add wind or gravity or some other such mod.

Ugh... - Oinkerwinkle - 05-11-2002

I tried running it with /l MULTIKEY /AH, but it said that it couldn't find a lib called MULTIKEY. I'm using a pure-qb Multikey... would that be the cause of that?

Is anyone willing to try to compile it and tell me what I was doing wrong if I E-mail the .bas to them ?

Chaser - BlueKeyboard - 05-12-2002

Multikey isn't a lib, so try running it like this:

qb /l /ah

you must have the l, becouse it then enables asm stuff for qbasic, so multikey works.

Chaser - Zap - 05-12-2002

Oh.. I was just thinking that multikey was a lib... Sorry for the confusion i caused.

/Zap

Chaser - wizardlife - 05-12-2002

It's all about definitions. Sure, Multikey is a library in that it's a pre-packaged set of SUBs created by a user for other users. But it's not a QuickLib in the way that RelLib and DQB are.

The confusion is because GW-Basic was never intended for this kind of functionality, it was all added later. But it had to be added in such a way that the newer QBs were still compatible with the old incarnations. In other languages (C++, Java, Pascal), there's none of this command line nonsense -- you just put an Include statement at the beginning of your program, and it makes all the procedures and methods in that source file available to your program.

My end-of-semester PASCAL program had something in excess of 10 different source files. Three of them I got off the net. The longest was 2000+ lines, and the shortest was 200.

Chaser - BlueKeyboard - 05-17-2002

I think you should add more levels, and more special powers that you choose when you start the game.

Chaser - Zmisk - 05-17-2002

It think you could make a mode were you find the weapons on the map.

Ack! Still can't compile! - Oinkerwinkle - 05-17-2002

I still can't compile! Can I E-mail to bas file to someone to compile? And they could tell me what I was doing wrong? Sad

Also, how do you call a module from the main one? I looked in the index but they didn't seem to say the actual syntax! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!
Quote:I think you should add more levels, and more special powers that you choose when you start the game.

What specials should I add?