Qbasicnews.com
Possible Windows source code leak - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Possible Windows source code leak (/thread-3192.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Possible Windows source code leak - Z!re - 02-15-2004

Windows size calculator:
partition_size/2

And that's it, windows will fill you'r hdd with random junk (see my previous post on .tmp files i nthe windows folder, even though they claim to be 0 byte they take 4kb on my hdd (cluster size) :evil: )

The number of security holes can be found by taking the core version number: 4.10.2222 (w98 SE)
Remove the dots: 4'102'222
Divide by 100 and round up: 4'102

And there ya go. Works everytime.

Also, the countdown timers in Win work on the following principle:
Each second: display a new random number in the range of n to 0 seconds, where n is calculated by taking the file size and divide it with a number which may or may not be the hdd transfer rate (depends on the hdd type, and version of windows)

Possible Windows source code leak - TheBigBasicQ - 02-15-2004

Z!re you are wrong about the security holes. No microsoft product has security holes. It has gaping holes! The number of wholes can be calculated as follows:

No.of security holes(n) = (Lifetime of the product in days) ^ 10

:wink:

Possible Windows source code leak - SJ Zero - 02-15-2004

Quote:As morally wrong as the whole thing is, one thing people tend to forget is that business is business. It would be difficult to bring libel charges against Microsoft and SCO in tihs case, simply because one of the key factors of open source isn't profit, so under libel laws, no one's being hurt. If Linux was represented by a profitable company, Microsoft and SCO would be hit with libel charges so fast their heads would spin. Really sucks that nothing can be done about it, but that's one of the risks of being not-for-profit.

IBM is being sued for billions of dollars. Several other companies have had to bring amnesty plans into effect.

Let the suits have at 'er!

:rotfl:

Possible Windows source code leak - Plasma - 02-15-2004

Quote:Source code is not small. I'm sure it includes comments, but chew on this: QB1.1 is less than a megabyte, but it's source code on my computer is over 30 megabytes. Windows is over a gigabyte on my computer.
Do you have a different version of the source or something? Because the version I have is about 21mb unzipped. Just wondering...

wtf are the m$ developers doing? Writing essays for each of the lines of code?

Possible Windows source code leak - oracle - 02-16-2004

Quote:Windows source got leaked, someone who had the source through MS's "open source" thingy leaked it. The MS Open Source thingy is: MS gave a few companies the exclusive rights to have windows code, it is copyrighted and they are not allowed to distribute it. But someone did anyways.

Note: The open source thing gives some countries' governments access to the source also, NZ got it last year.

Possible Windows source code leak - adosorken - 02-16-2004

If anything, this means that Microsoft's Shared Source Initiative might see a major plunge and many colleges might lose Microsoft's funding. A cynic might agree that these are not such bad losses, but realistically, the loss of these two factors could devastate colleges which rely on these things. However, this is just educated speculation. Neither could happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

Possible Windows source code leak - TheBigBasicQ - 02-16-2004

I appreciate M$ just for all the charity they are doing. But they are scum and they favor certain countries. I dont want to bring up this issue =(.

Possible Windows source code leak - Zack - 02-16-2004

C'mon, if you had $60 billion would you donate it equally among the two different countries having a war? No, because that makes no sense.
I appreciate MS for the software they produce.