Qbasicnews.com
death penalty - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: death penalty (/thread-3242.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

death penalty - Rhiannon - 02-26-2004

Quote:
Plasma Wrote:You might want to re-check your history...

Care to refresh my history?

IMO any country would've done the samething as what US did. Nobody would let their governments just standby while terrorists destroyed national heritage and killed thousands. US was justified in a way. But after their objective was achieved they should've left only after ensuring that a legitimate government has come into power.

But the US is still searching for the 'imaginary WMDs'. They give a damn about what happens to the iraqis.

The US wasn't attacked by Iraq, they were supposedly attacked by the taliban who are supposedly in Afghanastan (about 1000 miles/2500 km away from Baghdad). so....why is the US in Iraq again? Oh that's right, to free the Iraqis........wait that aint it....cuz that doesnt take a year. O-I-L is all I have to say....

death penalty - adosorken - 02-26-2004

All I can say is this:

The US government doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone but themselves, and in turn, the US people have become the same way. The US government will assist any country who is beneficial to their own goals and shun/attack/aid in the destruction of countries which are either useless or oppositive. This is why the US aided Iraq with weaponry in the 80s (Iran threatened to conquer Iraq and in doing so, Iraqi oil would be privatized and out of our control), and as I've stated before, the US has supplied Israel with weaponry because of its own special interests. In fact, a number of Middle Eastern countries have been supplied with weapons by the US as well as other countries (the UK is a big supplier of weapons to the Middle East) while other terroristic countries are shunned by the US (Syria was shunned until they agreed with the US, and the only reason they agreed was because Syria has plans of its own regarding Iraq, and with Iraq weakened, they can do as they wish once the US has left...although they are slightly naive, because the US won't ever leave Iraq, it would be a foolish business move to do so).

Special interests. Big business. Crush all who oppose. This is the US government. Like it or not, believe it or not, this is our government.

death penalty - aetherfox - 02-27-2004

Hear hear.

Don't you get tired of having to repeat yourselves over and over again rhia and nek?

Diroga: No. Killing is wrong, even if the government or law says it should be done.

death penalty - adosorken - 02-27-2004

Quote:Don't you get tired of having to repeat yourselves over and over again rhia and nek?
Yes. But I get even more tired hearing the same ignorant BS over and over again from uneducated US citizens. I hate living amongst people who have no clue what their own government's intentions are, blindly believing everything they see on TV because it's what they want to hear. It's frustrating and annoying to be among people considered educated and intelligent, yet have not a shred of knowledge as to these figures and "facts" they either pull out of their own ass or are fed from the ass of a governmental figure.

In other words...while these people remain ignorant, I will continue to research and educate. Anyone who wishes to discount what we've said in this thread is living in delusion. To the rest of the world, the things we've said are common knowledge. But to 95% of the people living in the US, it's all pie-in-the-sky conspiracy theory. Hollywood has done a great job over the last 50 years in glamorizing this kind of stuff to the point where people disbelieve it even if it's staring them in the face.

death penalty - Plasma - 02-27-2004

Quote:Infact in the recent history(after WWII) I dont think any country has invaded another country except the US and the former USSR on the basis of suspicion.
Quote:Care to refresh my history?

August 2, 1990: Iraq invades Kuwait

Quote:
TheBigBasicQ Wrote:Infact in the recent history(after WWII) I dont think any country has invaded another country except the US and the former USSR on the basis of suspicion.
Quote:Care to refresh my history?

August 2, 1990: Iraq invades Kuwait
That wasn't on basis of suspicion though. Kuwait is a competitor of Iraq's in the oil business, and home to some of the most horrific criminals in the world. The government is ten times worse than Saddam's. What goes on there makes the Nazi's concentration camps look like a day at Disneyland. Sad

death penalty - toonski84 - 02-27-2004

Quote:Infact in the recent history(after WWII) I dont think any country has invaded another country except the US and the former USSR on the basis of suspicion.

Read the history of modern Israel. You opinions about it be as they are, but the whole "preemptive strike" thing was copied off them. And that's just a fancy word for "invade", something that the 20th century is no stranger to.

But when the hell did this get off track from the death penalty? What does the Iraq war have to do with an unrelated domestic issue?

Quote:But when the hell did this get off track from the death penalty? What does the Iraq war have to do with an unrelated domestic issue?
:roll:

Welcome to a public forum, glad you could make it. Here on public forums, discussions carry a wide variety of topics, and as in real-life discussion, topics naturally change course over time.

Tongue

death penalty - oracle - 02-27-2004

I'm against (for all it means, being a NZer). You can't kill someone as punnishment for killing someone.

I sincerely hope you guys against GB vote come election day.

death penalty - Rhiannon - 02-27-2004

Quote:I sincerely hope you guys against GB vote come election day.

He had never won the election in the first place :normal: but yea,i believe this war is making him unpopular, especially with the same people in the military that favored him in the first place. A lot of them have had their leaves postponed to unknow dates, even tho their contracts said differently. It's sad really that the soldiers are wasting their time, and sometimes their lives, in this worthless war.