Qbasicnews.com
death penalty - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: death penalty (/thread-3242.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

death penalty - Z!re - 03-02-2004

Seker359: You are right, silly us for thinking bad of your great nation.

ALL HAIL THE US!, BOW TO THE MIGHT AND GLORY OF GOD's TRUE NATION!, AWE IN IT's EXISTANCE! *waves starspangledbanner frenetically*

Just out of curiosity, how come KIDS in you'r great free nation of God go kill their friends, with daddys gun?

Whos fault is it?, The father for letting the gun be visible?, The Kid for taking the Gun?, Or maybe the weapons manufacturer?. (Yes, people in the US actually SUE the weapons manufacturer because their weapon killed someone dear to them, I mean, come on.. A weapon is meant to kill, DUH!, it's not a furry cute little thing you keep at home and feed. If you don't want it to kill, don't buy it dumbass)

WRONG!

The Father is guilty, because he bought the damn gun, and keept it at home, why the hell do you need a gun in the first place? To defend yourself? How come the US is the country with the most weapons/person? ("home" weapons (like pistols and hunting rifles), waring countries and military excluded)

The PenisKomplex is a psychic term, it is easiest to see with small kids fighting over the same toy, always the same toy, 2 children playing with 2 different toys is very rare (I have 7 sisters and brothers, I should know)

So when I say "all of US has penis komplex" I mean: Most Citizens In The US can't stand the thought of someone having a better "car" (where car is an example taken from the sky), this leads to:
Neighbour: Car
You: Better Car
Neightbour: Car+Car stereo
You: Better Car + AC (Air condition)
[...]
Neighbour: Scud Missile
You: 50 ICBM's
Neighbour: 25 ICBM's + 5Nuclear Sub's + Scud Missile
You: [...]

But then again, this is _!!The US!!_ we a re talking about, and everything _!!The US!!_ do IS RIGHT!, cause _!!The US!!_ IS GOD's true land (bla bla bla)

God bless America's stupidity and ignorance

All hail The US

(I'm tired, so ignore spelling errors)

death penalty - na_th_an - 03-02-2004

It's not a matter of cowards. Using guns and other arms is something that was cool for the primitive humans. We evolved, or at least I thought that.

Anyhow, I don't care. If you like guns, and you like being at the place with most daily casualities caused by fire arms, that's fine for me. I am lucky 'cause in my country people don't have guns, just policemen have. I don't like guns, I don't want to see a gun in my life if I can help it.

death penalty - Seker359 - 03-02-2004

Quote:ALL HAIL THE US!, BOW TO THE MIGHT AND GLORY OF GOD's TRUE NATION!, AWE IN IT's EXISTANCE!

Have I said at any point that the U.S. is any better than any other nation? No, I have not. And the "3rd world" comment was intended as sarcasm.

The U.S. has many problems and I do my fair share of bashing the sorry state of my own country. But my take on the latest phase of this thread is that the continual U.S. bashing is the result of great deal of misinformation, propaganda, and stereotyping.

Quote:It's not a matter of cowards

My response was aimed directly at what you said. If given a choice between hiding behind locks and fighting for my own way of life I'll fight. "Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. "

And I never said I like guns. In fact I said that I do not own gun. But if it would be easier for you to fit me in with the rest of the anti-U.S. propagana that we are a nation of gun wielding cowboys then please do so.

I'm not naive enough to make blanket statements about other nations based on what I hear in the media and neither should anyone else. And that's the crux of my debate.

death penalty - Z!re - 03-02-2004

Quote:If given a choice between hiding behind locks and fighting for my own way of life I'll fight. "Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. "

Fight for what?, What the hell are you supposed to fight if you live in a quiet little countryside town?, The evil racoons?, Sure have a gun, but don't complain when the racoon get's his own gun and starts shooting back.

The US is a fucked up nation, I would rather live in any dictatorship than in the US. You wanna know why? Atleast if you live in a dictatorship other countries don't hate YOU.

Sure, stereotyping and all that, but you have to remember that 70% of the US's population was FOR a War, and I don't think it's less people wanting to have guns, heck, I bet there's even a good deal of The US pop who would like The US to rule the entire world.

Why is The US fighting a War in Iraq? or Afghanistan? To fight terrorism?

DEFINE Terrorism: Anything The US Says?

You see, you can't call terrorists soldiers (cause they are soldiers, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise), because if you called them soldiers you couldn't put them in concentration camps and get away with it. The Geneve convention states that no individual solder can be punished for following orders, but that don't apply to a terrorist. How convenient, you may now torture them how much you want, all in the name of god's-america

I'm so tired of all the BS you hear from US citizens: "Ohh I'm against the war", "I don't like GWB", "The US isn't all that bad"... Well, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!, and The US IS BAD!, It will stay bad until you, yes YOU change it, you lazy crap.
"I'm trying to change it"
Ok, so why no change?, I'll tell you why, Because MOST PEOLE DONT WANT A CHANGE!

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate America, I just think you are a nation fucked-up beyond repair. And if you became a 3rd world country I couldn't care less. (I'm talking about the country, not the pop. I feel sorry for everyone living in The US, or any country where they don't agree with the way it is being ruled or the way it acts)

The 11th of September was very tragic indeed, but "you" had it coming, you can't go around and bitchslap everyone without eventualy getting some shit back. Thats a thing I'd say around 60-65% of the US pop. understand, but do they care? NO!? Thus, American Citizens in general are dumb. (No offence intended)

Until you change your ways you will be hated and disrespected by, atleast, 3/4 of the world. Though for you.

What I know of The US is the only country sending troops all over the world acting police. It doesent work, one nation of 250mil can't police a world consisting of close to 6bil (7?) people, and expect noone to hate them. And do a good job, or even a halfassed job, or even do anything complete.

What happened to The US's promises of rebuilding Afghanistan?, Great Job, have you seen how Afghanistan looks? No wonder they hate you.
"Hi, I'm [insert random arabic name here], I'm your leader, now GET TO WORK!"
"But The US said...."
"To hell with The US, I'm in charge now, WORK!"
"But..."
*gunshot*
"I said WORK!"

Nice govenrment you have sintalled, kickass. Would you like to move there? I mean, "you" said you would repair the country, and you must have done it now (cause you are not in it anymore, nor sending supplies) so you must think it's perfect and suitable.

Or maybe you'r standards are different from the Afghan people? Ofcourse they are, forgive me, the Afghan people WANT to be ruled by a dictator, cause they have been so all their lives. That must be why you've installed a new dictator as ruler (Publicly elected my ass, he just happens to be a close friend of the US, kissing GWB ass all day long?, yeah riiight)

Z!re is a propaganda feed, Anti-US, GWB hating, 3rd world terrorist. And proud of it.

[end]
I should really save everything I write, could make a great school paper or something
*Reminds self not to write so much all the time, have to start doing one liners Tongue *

death penalty - na_th_an - 03-02-2004

My post about locks and guns... Well, maybe you misunderstood it:

- The American Rifle Association, John Wayne, Billy the Kid and the second amendment in your Constitution say that you can shoot a stranger in your house.

Quote:"A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed." - Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

- Usually, houses in the U.S. have a door open. Made of wood, or with a crystal. Open windows, open gates, no walls surrounding the garden... Sure, anybody who wants to steal your stereo can come in and just carry it with him. So it is OK to buy a gun: you have to protect your family.

In my country we just make sure that nobody comes in our house without our notice. And that's not being cowards or "hiding behind a lock". And that phrase about fighting and dying on the knees and stuff (btw, that phrase is from Che Guevara, and he said it when he was fighting the U.S. in Cuba) has nothing to do here.

I won't make more points against arms 'cause it is like talking to a wall.

And no, sorry, I don't live and think upon what I see on TV.

death penalty - Rhiannon - 03-02-2004

The second amendment is prolly the most misinterpreted amendment in the bill of rights. It doesnt say that private citizens have a right to a gun. It says that the people have the right to form a militia and defend themselves.

Quote:A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

death penalty - TheBigBasicQ - 03-02-2004

Quote:Have I said at any point that the U.S. is any better than any other nation? No, I have not. And the "3rd world" comment was intended as sarcasm.

The U.S. has many problems and I do my fair share of bashing the sorry state of my own country. But my take on the latest phase of this thread is that the continual U.S. bashing is the result of great deal of misinformation, propaganda, and stereotyping.

If given a choice between hiding behind locks and fighting for my own way of life I'll fight. "Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. "

I'm not naive enough to make blanket statements about other nations based on what I hear in the media and neither should anyone else. And that's the crux of my debate.

Yeah right, the moment you use the word 3rd world it shows your arrogance.

Which part of my posts did you find misinformation, propoganda, and stereotyping???

Isnt it true that the US is fighting the so called 'war against terrorism' along side Pakistan, a continually proliferating country who is harboring terriorists and spreading terrorism in countries such as India.

Oh yeah and didnt the US ask *India* for troops because their troops are better trained/equipped to deal with guerilla warfare. They have been fighting it for ~55 years and successfully kept the terrorists at bay. So they must know a thing or two about fighting these suicide attackers/terrorists which are killing your troops at a rate or ~2 per day.

http://web.mid-day.com/news/nation/2003/september/63659.htm

http://www.derechos.org/nizkor/iraq/doc/tur1.html

And I almost forgot...didnt the US betray the Afgans in the first place during the coldwar? Didnt the US leave the afgans in a soup after the Soviet Union left? Werent the Taliban installed by the US itself?

Wake up and smell the coffee. Look around and find out whats happening in the world.

death penalty - RST - 03-02-2004

Zire: In case you haven't been paying attention, which wouldn't surprise me, the vast majority of Americans on this forum are against what Bush has been doing. So please stop refering to the actions of someone we oppose as "you".

Quote:...I would rather live in any dictatorship than in the US. You wanna know why? Atleast if you live in a dictatorship other countries don't hate YOU.

Personally, I'd have to disagree with that. Why? Because I really don't care what ignorant people think of me. And as I said, it's the ignorant ones who put the blame on the entrire country rather than on Bush and those who support him. I won't mention names.

BTW: If you're going to attack America, which I concede is far from perfect, than for the sake of fairness you should say where you live.

death penalty - Agamemnus - 03-02-2004

Quote:A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

This part is extremely vague but quite elegant when you think about it.

*"well regulated militia":
Sounds like the militia has to be governed by laws of some sort.

By that reasoning, people have a right to be able to keep and bear arms to maintain militias, but these militias must be well-regulated: keep in your house, can't have semiautomatic weapons, must have some sort of lock on it, possibly even disallowing use of lethal arms (and only allowing nonlethal weapons, when applied properly) etc.

Thus, you can't have a people's militia without being able to bear limited arms, because a people's militia must be free from the control of the government for the security of a free state.

Just saying what it says.

death penalty - Seker359 - 03-03-2004

Quote:And no, sorry, I don't live and think upon what I see on TV.

So you've lived in the United States for several years? If the answer to this is no then you're basing your beliefs on the filter of the media and your peer group.

Quote:the moment you use the word 3rd world it shows your arrogance

Sarcasm: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain.

That 3rd world comment worked as intended. I categorized all other countries with no regard for what they are really like and not caring...which has been my entire point on the U.S. bashing.

The problem with some of the posting is it really is absolute tripe. Huge blanket statements regarding the U.S. people and their lifestyle from people that have no basis for it in their experience.