Qbasicnews.com
death penalty - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: death penalty (/thread-3242.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

death penalty - KiZ - 02-22-2004

Quote:Some people have riffles but they use them for haunting.

*laughs*

anyway, in the UK, only the special armed police have weapons. Normal police officers dont carry weapons. I think it is all to do with making sure people are all calm. Even in tough situations, officers here always prefer to use non-lethal weapons. There is a complete handgun ban here, and the only weapons you ever see are for hunting, as nath said.

death penalty - PlayGGY - 02-22-2004

I have never been to Chicago, but I know that in Houston, a city of similar size, you can. That is because almost everyone there has guns, and people will think twice before trying to do something to you.

death penalty - adosorken - 02-22-2004

Quote:And there are too many differences to say between Bush and Hitler, but mainly the fact that Hitler attacked free countries and tried to enslave them, Bush attacked an enslaved country and freed them.
Don't believe the crap you watch on Fox News. The US had no business in Iraq, and those in the know are very well aware of this. And they didn't free anyone...the Iraqi people didn't want the US there. All we did was go in and attempt to destroy a culture. Now, Iraq is being flooded with our propaganda, and some of the Iraqis are buying it up as if it were candy in a penny store. Did you ever see the vast number of Iraqis burning large pictures of GWB? What? No??? Oops, did I give something away? That was cut out of national television because it's not what people in the US wanted to see...they wanted a vengeful picture painted of Hussein and his "regime". No mention of the thousands of Iraqis who despised the US's invasion, and yes, it was an invasion. However, we all got to see the same clips over and over again of the three or four Iraqis burning Hussein pictures. Funny that. Don't get me wrong...Saddam Hussein wasn't a very good leader. However, GWB is hundreds of times worse. Both were very good at selling their people a war and telling them what they wanted to hear. Both are profound liars and can manipulate most anyone. GWB is just the only one who takes it upon himself to attack a country without reason. Find a reason why...oh, what? None exist? You can cry "the Iraqis were enslaved!" all you want, it's media blitzing and mommery BS. You heard stories of gas attacks used against the Iraqi people by their own government...wrong again. Lovely case of misconstrued information. Look that one up...it's a very interesting read, to say the least (Iran-Iraq border skirmish).

And whatever happened to Afghanistan? What...you don't know? The country lies in ruins nowadays...the US deserted them, after promising to help rebuild their country. GWB thought it more appropriate to blow the snot out of Iraq instead of using the money to rebuild Afghanistan...another country which had nothing to do with the US or any of the problems we have or had going on. The public needed a scapegoat...what better scapegoat that someone who's openly admitted to hating our country? Someone who'd been getting awful mouthy as of late? Great timing, but there's nothing to support the al Quaida "attack theory". They themselves said they didn't do it, then a nice false tape was made up after the fact that claims that they said they did (watch it closely...you'll see what I mean when I say 'false").

Google is your friend. Search out this information. Actually, it is wise to search out legitimate information before you even say anything like this.

And yeah...I say Bush = Hitler. Oops, I guess that makes me a terrorist under the Patriot Act. Oh yeag, that's right...Bush has taken away not only our right to free speech, but also our right to a fair and speedy trial, our right to the press, and our right to question our government.

Funny that.

death penalty - KiZ - 02-22-2004

Quote:Did you ever see the vast number of Iraqis burning large pictures of GWB? What? No??? Oops, did I give something away?

Yes, maybe that happened a few times, but did you see all the pictures of the Iraqis saying Thankyou, holding signs saying "Thankyou Mr Bush". A poll carried out said that the majority of Iraqis were thankfull that Saddam was removed from power, all the pcitures of Iraqis stamping on Saddams picture? The people who were buring GWBs picture were obviously Saddam hussien loyalists, akin to Nazis.

death penalty - adosorken - 02-22-2004

Nazis were FAR different. I suggest doing some research before making such outlandish claims.

Sure, I trust a poll put forth by the US government. Uh huh. Again, you're being fed what you want to hear. And you're believing it. Try actually talking to a few someday. Might paint a VASTLY different picture. Conduct your own poll on just how many Iraqis applauded the invasion.

The poll that said the Iraqie's were glad to be liberated was by the AP, not the US.

A few more things:

1. How the hell do you know about Fox News? :o
2. We see all of the pictures that you do. Iraqis protesting, the explosions from the rebels there, we hear the numbers of our servicemen dying, everything. In the rest of the world, we are painted as a country of sppon fed idiots, when in fact we are as informed as everyone else.
3. How do you know that the Iraqis wanted to be kept under a torture regime? What reason do you have to beleive that? Iraqis are protesting because they are pissed off to have the west occupying their country. However, if asked if they would want to go back to old times, they would most likely not want too. Those same ones that are protesting, however, are probably releived to see the return of capitalism and free speach.

And by the way, none of us are like Bill O'Reilly, if that is who you think we are like.

death penalty - Agamemnus - 02-22-2004

Aren't we going...

A LITTLE BIT OFF-TOPIC?

Quote:Aren't we going...

A LITTLE BIT OFF-TOPIC?

Not at all... :rotfl:

death penalty - Rhiannon - 02-22-2004

Quote:How do you know that the Iraqis wanted to be kept under a torture regime? What reason do you have to beleive that? Iraqis are protesting because they are pissed off to have the west occupying their country. However, if asked if they would want to go back to old times, they would most likely not want too. Those same ones that are protesting, however, are probably releived to see the return of capitalism and free speach.

Since when did capitalism, or free speech for that matter, ever exist in Iraq? In fact, name an Arab country where it has existed.

death penalty - Diroga - 02-22-2004

aetherfox i was talking about schools being monoplisitc in compition