Qbasicnews.com
My computer broke down - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: My computer broke down (/thread-3759.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

My computer broke down - Zack - 04-19-2004

(I'm at an internet cafe right now)
Seems that SOMETHING...whether it be a power surge, a virus or whatever has killed my computer. I hope I don't lose all my files...geekery5 wasn't backed up! Neither was...anything else. :wink:
Anyway, I'm taking it in tomorrow, and hopefully fixage will occur. But no guarantees...

Just pouring out my misery. Smile

My computer broke down - Silent-Death - 04-19-2004

GRR COMPUTERS ARE EVIL THINGS... you think your data is safe, then BAM the comp dies and you lose everything.... happened to me before grrrrr....

Zack, hope the shamen can reserect it fast :wink: .

My computer broke down - Rhiannon - 04-19-2004

i hope it wasnt an e-machine...

My computer broke down - TheBigBasicQ - 04-19-2004

Zack dont you use a surge protector or a stabilizer or a antivirus or a firewall?

No wait you use WinXP =P. Tough luck =*(. I know how you feel. It's been a long long month of computer trouble for me =(.

My computer broke down - KiZ - 04-19-2004

Dark's Tip for today:

backup EVERYTHING you want saved, regularly. I cant stress that point enough. I too lost all my files (and I had hundreds of personal files) =( So i cant stress it enough!! Take a cd-rw out now, and burn your data on to it!!!! It is so important.

When I lost my stuff, and knew i couldnt get it back, i was very upset because of the amount of things I had lost. hundreds of hours of hard work had gone into most of the work I had, such as models I had built and rendered, mini projects, reports, all my handmade website graphics, photos, pictures, etc. I think you get the picture. BACK IT UP!!!!!

My computer broke down - TheBigBasicQ - 04-19-2004

For the 'modern' people I would suggest using DVD-RW if you have large amounts of data(like home movies and stuff). Otherwise a CD-RW would do =P.

My computer broke down - Zack - 04-20-2004

Quote:Zack dont you use a surge protector or a stabilizer or a antivirus or a firewall?
Confusedhifty:
No.

Anyway, it SEEMS to be fixed now, but it's...slightly slower. I really dunno at this moment.
Dark: Well said.

My computer broke down - Fling-master - 04-20-2004

Quote:No wait you use WinXP =P. Tough luck

What's so wrong with WinXP? (And don't give me any of this Linux rules crap lol Tongue)

My computer broke down - Rhiannon - 04-20-2004

Quote:
TheBigBasicQ Wrote:No wait you use WinXP =P. Tough luck

What's so wrong with WinXP? (And don't give me any of this Linux rules crap lol Tongue)

That's prolly what he was gonna say :roll:

My computer broke down - oracle - 04-20-2004

I'm sitting at home with no access to a CD-RW. How do I back up my entire hdd?