Qbasicnews.com
The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QbasicNews.Com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: QB/FB News (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! (/thread-4178.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - oracle - 06-26-2004

Well said. This just isn't worth the hassle Smile

Jofers, you got some pretty good advice there! ;) ! - Adigun A. Polack - 06-26-2004

To Jofers:

About my QBCPC 2004/2005 forum banner, I will see what I can do on that. I will try to reduce the quality a bit (just like you said), or, I can simply convert it to a 256-color .GIF format. Either way, I would save up some bandwidth here when it is uploaded by me. Big Grin ! And I am going to use it as part of my conversion of this comp from forumboard to HTML format (the format that was originally done from my previous two QBCPCs!), which is what I AM gonna do, my man! Cool !

Thank you for this fine advice, Jofers, and you have a *PLEASANTLY GOOD* weekend!! Wink !

JUST KEEPING THINGS SIMPLE,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the all-new “AAP Official Projects Squad”

The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - Jofers - 06-26-2004

Nah, it's too complex, and has too many colors for a gif. At the max 256 colors, it's only 8k but awfully ugly. Use the banner I have linked in my previous post. I can't notice a difference and it's only 62k.

Here it is again: http://www.betterwebber.com/stuff/junk/qbcpc.jpg

The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - Rhiannon - 06-26-2004

Using fewer PSP effects and filters would no doubt improve the images, while at the same time remaining a reasonable size for people of all bandwidths. Most of the time, simplier is better for webpages, and more people visit when things are functional, not overdone.

The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - Jofers - 06-26-2004

Well, the site's pretty functional, just that banner. Game graphics don't translate well into web-friendly images, but it's cool in small doses though.

Really if your page design can be stuffed into 50k overal it's super-modem friendly, less than 80k = modem waitable, and longer = broadband preferable.

Jofers and Rhiannon, here’s the drill here. - Adigun A. Polack - 06-26-2004

To Jofers and Rhiannon:

I *might* want to take your timely advices here into consideration. Speaking of which, Jofers, I have just set my .JPG compression for the banner to 25%, which — when it was saved — reduced the file size of the pic to an amazing 42,573 bytes (WHOA! :o ! )! I then uploaded it just now, and man, you should see the big difference by how quickly it loads. Big Grin !

And Rhiannon, you know something, I don’t always have to blow my images up with PSP special effects all the time to make them good or even special. So, you are truly correct on that one, honestly. ;*) !

Well, talk to you later, and thank you both so much once again. :king: !

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the all-new “AAP Official Projects Squad”

The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - Rhiannon - 06-26-2004

Wow, i thought it'd be a cold day in hell before AAP agreed with me on something. *sees snow falling outside her window :lol: *

The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - relsoft - 06-26-2004

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"Live and let live"

This thread is about AAP's site not religion. ;*)

The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - Z!re - 06-26-2004

Oracle and Nek, yeah, sorry about the Forum thingy, just trying to make a point, didn't mean to drag anything up again, ignore that part.

Or better yet, ignore my whole post.

I'll drop this whole thing, and never post or read a thread where AAP posts again.

Hi's rules are insults to a lot of people, besides what you may think.
They break a LOT of rules, example the basic netiquette (sp?) ones.

His site: No jews, no pagans, no islam, no anything except his religion.
Since when is that OK on a programming forum?

He is forcing hi's thoughts on people, people that don't want to hear what he thinks about faeries and so on.

Ohh, it's voluntary to enter his compo and read the rules?

Guess what, it's voluntary to go to my site with the dead cat. Does that justify me advertising the site?

Or, how about a site leading to a Nazi page? If you read the Nazi rules, they come very, very, close to AAP's rules.

So, I guess it's only the word Nazi that is banned, and not the meaning behind it.

"Being intolerant to all other people except the ones that look and act like you"

I don't have a problem with AAP, and your right, I shouldn't talk about it here.
The reason I do is because AAP ignores PM's, and deletes posts on his forum.

relsoft:
"Live and let live"

Ofcourse you may live, if you are not a faery, nymph, paga, islamist, jew, anything other then AAP.

I will never respect someone who constantly spews his, to me BS, propaganda about religion and what's right and wrong.

And he didn't answer my question.

WHY IS HE AGGRESSIVE!?

What's he afraid of, ohh, he's not, cause FEAR is evil, and AAP is not evil.

About his site:
Too much formating makes it nearly un-readable.
Background images disturb the text.
And many links are "bad".

But I did like the "rugged" text formatting, even if it made my IE slow down to a crawl Tongue

The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - na_th_an - 06-26-2004

I agree completely. Oracle claims that AAP has not posted anything offensive (i.e. his rules) here, but to me it is the same thing as posting news about a nazi QB site here, or posting news about the K.K.K. QB division.

When Seph posted that stupid "drink dew" picture, everyone jumped at his throat for dissing (apparently) jews, and now AAP rules are fine? To me it is the same thing. No, sorry, this is worse. The stupid "drink dew" picture was just a lame joke. AAP's rules are serious.