Qbasicnews.com
Opinion on war? - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Opinion on war? (/thread-455.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Opinion on war? - wizardlife - 03-19-2003

How does everyone feel? I've heard enough of 'Bush is a retard' at school, and I'm just curious what everyone's opinion is...

Opinion on war? - na_th_an - 03-19-2003

Bush is a retard. Was is uncalled for. My president, Mr. Aznar, who is supporting bush, is a stupid a ss-sucker. Almost 90% of spanish people are against war, but he and his government look deaf. Mr Aznar just follows Bush 'cause Bush has promised nice stuff after the war.

Bush only wants petrol. And he's gonna kill a lot of men, women and children for it. Sadam is just an excuse.

Opinion on war? - pr0gger - 03-19-2003

I don't think we need this war. I mean sure, Saddam Hussein is a bad apple, but there are better ways of dealing with that, such as containment. And frankly, I think that Saddam is just an excuse anyway.

Plus, he's COMPLETLY ignoring N. Korea, which has an active nuclear weapons program and has been testing their missles.

Opinion on war? - toonski84 - 03-19-2003

I know, North Korea's the only one of the bunch with an actual bomb.

This war is a distraction from the continually crapificating economy. It also serves as an excuse for deficit spending and tapping into alaska.

Saddam's an evil man, guilty of war crimes to boot, but this war has nothing to do with that. we dont need it. we dont need the propaganda or the war rhetoric. in 1998 we destroyed 90% of their missile factories in the largest military strike against iraq since 1998. The only time Iraq came close to building an actual nuclear (not nucular) bomb was in 1985 and israel bombed the living bejesus out of it, so far into oblivion (in israel's ever so subtle style) they've never come close or tried since. All they have are some vats of anthrax which isnt exactly hard to find and less effective than other poisenous substances which can be put in a water supply.

I have nothing against bush or republicans, if the current administration did warp politics, law, environment and people's lives to suit their needs. Any and all sincere speech in the past year has been a joke.

lol... crapificating.... what a word...

Opinion on war? - Lachie Dazdarian - 03-19-2003

I'm a fatalist.What will be,it will be.I know this is kinda supporting the Bush,but heck,nobody can't stop him.

Opinion on war? - wildcard - 03-19-2003

I used to think Bush was an idiot(a retard), but that was because I, myself, didn't know much about him. He isn't stupid/retarded, people who call him stupid do not know enough about him.

I don't think war is ever good, its never has been. But the world/society that we live in has become too soft; that is bad. I'm very glad to see leaders(Bush/Blair/etc) taking a tough stance, it shows that they are excellent leaders that they are willing to take unpopular decisions and stances. It is a bad leader who only takes popular choices. I don't want to see a war, but to just threaten Saddam and not stop him(he's been not dealt 100% for over a decade). Saddam needs to be removed, you don't need to know much to know that; and you need to know even less to know that he will only be removed by force.

wildcard, you make an interesting point... neither of them have shown any signs of backing down, and he did do quite well handling sept 11, columbia, etc... but he seems to be ignoring everything else.

Opinion on war? - wizardlife - 03-19-2003

Quote:I used to think Bush was an idiot(a retard), but that was because I, myself, didn't know much about him. He isn't stupid/retarded, people who call him stupid do not know enough about him.

I don't think war is ever good, its never has been. But the world/society that we live in has become too soft; that is bad. I'm very glad to see leaders(Bush/Blair/etc) taking a tough stance, it shows that they are excellent leaders that they are willing to take unpopular decisions and stances. It is a bad leader who only takes popular choices. I don't want to see a war, but to just threaten Saddam and not stop him(he's been not dealt 100% for over a decade). Saddam needs to be removed, you don't need to know much to know that; and you need to know even less to know that he will only be removed by force.

Agree. Peace isn't always the only option.

Opinion on war? - na_th_an - 03-19-2003

Quote:Agree. Peace isn't always the only option.

Yeah, when you are quiet and calm in your home while people is dying 5000 miles away, peace isn't the only option.