Qbasicnews.com
Opinion on war? - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Opinion on war? (/thread-455.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Opinion on war? - wizardlife - 03-22-2003

Quote:More than 20 innocent people have been killed in Iraq yesterday.

Whoa. I expected far greater than that with 320 cruise missles hitting military targets in residential neighbourhoods... Saddam parks his tanks in front of hospitals and schools... interesting strategy, but it works in a PR war -- at the cost of innocents.

Opinion on war? - _Bill_ - 03-22-2003

I am not happy of anything! Especially innocents dying! However I see war as an unfortunate necesity. BTW Post edited

Opinion on war? - toonski84 - 03-22-2003

20? over 350 cruise missiles have been targeted in baghdad, a city of over 5 million people, one of the largest in the world. the entire city is ablaze. all five million of them have lost their homes. at least a million people have stayed. the amount of death and destruction in this one attack has totalled to more than the entire gulf war. if performed by any other nation, it would be declared genocide.

take a minute and watch cnn. count how many times they tell you about the 14 american/british casualties and how many times they give an iraqi death count.

Remember who runs the Commie News Network. Ted Turner owner of probobly the biggest monopoly there is. AOL-Time-Warner. Internet, Internet browsing, movies, news, and printed media. So you can expect him to lean to the left.

Opinion on war? - oracle - 03-22-2003

I wonder if GB has thought in advance about this...

War is not like checkers, it is like chess. You have to plan 10 moves in advance. And if he took a moment to consider what his actions would look like to other third world countries perhaps he would have thought about it more carefully. The image he portrays is that 'if America doesn't like our government, they'll come and hammer us.' 'But how do we defend ourselves, President Mugabe?' (to name just one such person) 'Why, but developing or buying nuclear weapons, of course!!' And then the next time USA invades they're gonna have to use nukes themselves to take out the third world countries nukes.

It should be written in the laws of democracy that to declare war you must have a referendum of your people. (Trouble is, who would police this? The UN? USA???)

I dought that the UN will ever police the US :bounce:

Opinion on war? - oracle - 03-22-2003

Exactly my point!!!!

Opinion on war? - toonski84 - 03-22-2003

oracle, the problem with that is any idiot knows iraq doesnt have what it takes to build a nuclear bomb. the only time they ever came close was in 1985 and their facilities were horrifically leveled by israeli bombs, so completely destroyed that they havent come close since. tie that in with the fact that two thirds of the iraqi military was destroyed in the gulf war and it's not hard to tell that they had no nuclear capabilities. all they're referring to by 'weapons of mass destruction' are the chemical weapons he tested in 1997 on his citizens, which if your brain can go back that far was the reason we launched the largest military conflict since the gulf war in 1998 that destroyed most of the weapon factories in iraq nonetheless any chem factories and started the routine inspections to ensure iraq's disarmament. since then, we've owned iraq like a puppet.

but now, a million people are dead, and the people of iraq will always hate us. the entire middle east will hate us because we launched an unprovoked war and targeted a city with 5 million innocent people in it. this will go down in history as the fifth crusade, and relations will never recover from this.

the media was locked out of iraq, then allowed in accompanied by the army, if you've been watching the news. trust me, it's heavily watchdogged.

Opinion on war? - pr0gger - 03-22-2003

((psst: _Bill_: Ted Turner no longer owns CNN Smile ))

*goes back to lurking*

Opinion on war? - oracle - 03-23-2003

toonski84, the problem with that is that India, Pakistan and China all have nuclear weapons, just to name a few countries. They could easily sell these (note in my earlier submit: "Why, by developing or buying nuclear weapons, of course!!"). Russia is a prime example of a country so poor they could sell nukes to pay off debt (I believe the current asking price of nukes on the black market is 200 million US).

ps: third world despots can afford nukes - Saddam himself is worth 6 billion!