Qbasicnews.com
The QB in General forum - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QbasicNews.Com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Site/Forum Issues (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: The QB in General forum (/thread-4739.html)

Pages: 1 2

The QB in General forum - Z!re - 09-24-2004

It is marked as having new posts in it, but there are none?

Just me having cookie problems?

The QB in General forum - wildcard - 09-24-2004

Probably a cookie issue, I found to have cookie issues with message boards so I generally open up all the unread topics and use the mark read function. Also sometimes I have an unread post mark next to a post where I was the last poster... so cookies don't always work well. But that could be due to me having about a dozen windows/tabs open of the same forum.

The QB in General forum - KiZ - 09-24-2004

I have had the same problem, Z!re. In fact ive had it several times.

The QB in General forum - wildcard - 09-24-2004

Do you only get it here, or do you get it at other phpBB forums/sites?

The QB in General forum - KiZ - 09-24-2004

i get it at QBTK as well, so it must be a general phpBB problem.

The QB in General forum - Z!re - 09-24-2004

Uhm... the forum is dying...

Quote:Warning: Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 41 in /home/qbnews/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 233

Warning: Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 41 in /home/qbnews/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 233

Warning: Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 41 in /home/qbnews/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 233

At the top of almost every topic...

The QB in General forum - oracle - 09-24-2004

Sorry... see the other topic in this forum. Just little old me doing some maintenance Wink

The QB in General forum - Ruudboy - 09-24-2004

sometimes if i used the remember me button when i log in, and then if i close the browser and reload the page all the topics which i ain't read yet are marked as read

The QB in General forum - HQSneaker - 09-24-2004

I had that some times, but not especially when using the remember-me button

The QB in General forum - oracle - 09-25-2004

When you log in, the time of your "last visit" changes to that time, so if you close your browser then open it again you'll be re-logged in, so now all the topics since when you just logged in and when you re-opened your browser will be the ones marked as unread.

Moral of the story? Once you're logged in, read everything you want to read before logging out/closing your browser, else you'll lose where you were up to. And don't browse the forum using multiple browsers where possible...