Qbasicnews.com
freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. (/thread-4948.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - barok - 11-10-2004

nm as in "nevermind, he is not forgiven?" or as in "nevermind, your forgiven?" Wink

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - Antoni Gual - 11-10-2004

Quote:Please, please, please and pretty please with a cherry on top make sure this has good documentation.

This thread is becoming huge, also there is people porting libraries, doing an IDE, a preprocessor, we have examples scattered at sites around the world. Also there is a thread running at Bad Logic and probably there are more elsewhere.
I suggest to centralise all info in a separate forum an gather all downloads in a single site, before this thread grows to 400 posts and all of us get lost. ..V1ctor? Wildcard? Blitz?

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - marzecTM - 11-10-2004

i guess v3c is in charge of that decision so go catch him on irc if you can hehe Smile

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - ShadowWolf - 11-10-2004

Antoni gual mybe your over reacting a bit Fb core systex and lexicon is QB so you can pretty much cut and past the QB help file
for most of it's information and example's and edit the information where needed.

the Header translations are just that translation the core C libs are still the same so documation on thouse libary's are still good although they would be in C but you could workout how to use them. or somone could run though the documation and edit the Code for FB.

the only thing that need any real documation is on the use of command line compiling everything else can be grab from other source's although it be nice to have all this is in the IDE help section.

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - wildcard - 11-10-2004

Quote:This thread is becoming huge, also there is people porting libraries, doing an IDE, a preprocessor, we have examples scattered at sites around the world. Also there is a thread running at Bad Logic and probably there are more elsewhere.
I suggest to centralise all info in a separate forum an gather all downloads in a single site, before this thread grows to 400 posts and all of us get lost. ..V1ctor? Wildcard? Blitz?

Theres no problems with several threads here, or doing a sep forum(I've contacted v3cz0r to see what he thinks, as its his baby). I'll setup the stuf asap.

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - v3cz0r - 11-10-2004

Well, about the forum, as i told wildcard by PM, i'll create a forum at fb's site as soon the first release is done - in 1-2 weeks, i hope..

I didn't think there would be so many replies when i posted this msg, heh.. ow..

Anyway, there's no IDE being done that i'm aware, Context (mentioned by Rel) is a freeware text editor, you can find it here: http://www.context.cx/

About Winsock, well, the easiest header to reuse would be the one i wrote for DSOCK, but i can't mess with that currently.. compiling the compiler is taking all my free time :P

Just found another problem when compiling the compiler: i need support for temp array descriptors, to be able to pass arrays on fields by descriptor to functions (as arrays on fields don't have descriptors, duh).. ow, ow.. more work to do..

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - v3cz0r - 11-10-2004

OK, got the bitch to compile.. these are the the stats of the compilation:

C:\prg\code\BAS\freeBASIC\src>wc compiler\*.bas
files:18 lines:19522 bytes:452982

C:\prg\code\BAS\freeBASIC\src>wc compiler\*.asm
files:18 lines:86201 bytes:1736191

(~86k lines of asm code off ~20k lines of bas sources)

It runs fine until i try to compile something ;).. gotta fix the runtime lib routines that i did code but didn't test.. arf.. wish me luck :P

Byez...

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - Jofers - 11-10-2004

Woo hoo! I'd loan you my lucky clover, but alas, you're in South America.

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - barok - 11-10-2004

If you want i can shoot you a rabbit and send you it's foot. It might smell by the time it gets to you though.

freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - relsoft - 11-10-2004

Ahem, v1c:

32-bit fulscreen tinyptc is faster than win mode. Even in 640 * 480, the blitters run at almost full speed. ;*)

Now, if I could asm the inner-loops, this would be Rellib in FB.

Take your time. you have PM

BTW, I'll prolly be able to finish FB's highlighter in a week. Too many keywords to find and group.

And I did forget that I was to write a Lensflare tute for QBexpress. Sorry Pete, will do it tonight.