Qbasicnews.com
FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: Qbasic "like" compilers/interpreters (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: FB Discussion & Programming Help (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-15.html)
+---- Forum: FB Projects (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-16.html)
+---- Thread: FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 (/thread-5176.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Jofers - 12-11-2004

Lookin' sharp.

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - KiZ - 12-11-2004

Very good.

one thing, though, it doesnt show the first level of indentation when indentation guides are on.

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - aetherfox - 12-12-2004

Nicely done.

CMD Prompt not CMD Promt.

The 5 minutes I spent on it were good. NIce inclusion of F2, thats really helpful. I was finding myself pressing that over and over before. I also particularly like the new look. It's sublty different but good.

You aren't far now. Stay sharp.

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - barok - 12-12-2004

Nice! You definately put alot of work in! It's too bad you never fixed the debug arrows before you released the new release, but that's okay. Anyways, i got a bug to report. Do this...

1. open a program.
2. compile and run it.
3. open a new program.
4. Run it, or compile it and run it. You'll see that it runs the program you loaded first. Just something i noticed.

Also, just a few things...

1. i'd like to see a button to press to see the sub menu.
2. Maybe have the sub dropdown menu right beside the other icons... It looks like there's lots of room for it. (I don't know about anyone else, but i liked that dropdown menu... very quick for accessing subs IMO.)
3. Maybe have buttons for compiling, compiling and running, and running?

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - VonGodric - 12-12-2004

I thought I'd update the list of quickkeys possible in the ide:
all old ones:
compile -> ctrl+f9
compile&run -> f9
run -> shift+ctrl+f9
dos promt -> f8

new -> ctrl+n
save -> ctrl+s
save as -> ctrl+shift+s
Open -> Ctrl + o

undo -> ctrl +Z
redo -> ctrl + shift + z
cut -> ctrl + x
copy -> ctrl+ c
paste -> ctrl+ v

select all -> ctrl +a
select line -> ctrl + l

indent increase -> tab
indent decrease -> shift + tab

f2 -> opens a sub/function browser
ctrl+shift+u -> makes selection uppercase
ctrl+u -> makes selection lowercase
ctrl+shift+l -> will delete the line that follows selection
ctrl+l (without shift) -> will select the line, pressing l again will move selection one line below

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Sterling Christensen - 12-17-2004

If I have something else open besides the IDE, when I hit F9 the program compiles and runs, then after the program closes... focus is returned not to the IDE, but to some other window. Any other window (doesn't matter what app).

It doesn't seem to matter what's minimized or not, or what order the apps are in on the task bar.

Windows XP Pro SP2, FreeBASIC 0.08b, FBIde 0.1a

EDIT: Also, two requests: Make Escape exit the F2 window, and make programs run from the directory they're in instead of the directory fbc.exe is in.

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Dr_Davenstein - 12-17-2004

I noticed that thing that Barok was talking about too. If you modify your program, it still runs the old version... Is there any way you can fix that, please? Wink

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Sterling Christensen - 12-17-2004

Quote:I noticed that thing that Barok was talking about too. If you modify your program, it still runs the old version...
Yeah, if you hit F9 for "Compile & Run" it will work fine, it's only when you select Run (Shift+Ctrl+F9) that it seems to execute the compiled exe that's already there, even if it's old.

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - VonGodric - 12-17-2004

Quote:I noticed that thing that Barok was talking about too. If you modify your program, it still runs the old version... Is there any way you can fix that, please? Wink

Fixed -it was coused by that that string containing program name wasn't emptied.

Quote:If I have something else open besides the IDE, when I hit F9 the program compiles and runs, then after the program closes... focus is returned not to the IDE, but to some other window. Any other window (doesn't matter what app).

It doesn't seem to matter what's minimized or not, or what order the apps are in on the task bar.

Windows XP Pro SP2, FreeBASIC 0.08b, FBIde 0.1a

EDIT: Also, two requests: Make Escape exit the F2 window, and make programs run from the directory they're in instead of the directory fbc.exe is in.
It's more or less fixed. Don't know why it does that, though.

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Dr_Davenstein - 12-18-2004

Hmm... i downloaded the newest version and it's still doing that. :???:

It seems like it worked until the third time I hit {F9}... or maybe I did something else before I tried to recompile. I'll try again, but it's definetly still doing that. Cry

PS. Not to be overly picky, but are you still going to add a search/replace function?