Qbasicnews.com
FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: Qbasic "like" compilers/interpreters (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: FB Discussion & Programming Help (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-15.html)
+---- Forum: FB Projects (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-16.html)
+---- Thread: FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 (/thread-5176.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Ryan - 12-31-2004

Got it, thanks. btw, I love the qb theme. ^_^

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - DrV - 01-01-2005

here's some code I whipped up to decide what command prompt to use:

Code:
#ifdef WIN32
# include <windows.h>
#endif

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
    char *com_spec;
    char cmd_prompt_exe[260];

com_spec = getenv("ComSpec");

#ifdef WIN32
    if (com_spec)
         strncpy(cmd_prompt_exe, com_spec, sizeof(cmd_prompt_exe));
    else {

OSVERSIONINFO os;
         os.dwOSVersionInfoSize = sizeof(os);
         GetVersionEx(&os);

if (os.dwPlatformId == VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT) /* winNT/2K/XP */
            strncpy(cmd_prompt_exe, "cmd.exe", sizeof(cmd_prompt_exe));
         else /* win9x/Me */
            strncpy(cmd_prompt_exe, "command.com", sizeof(cmd_prompt_exe));
    }
#else
     !!!WRITEME!!!
#endif

printf("command prompt exe = \"%s\"\n", com_spec);

system("pause");
    return 0;
}

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Sterling Christensen - 01-04-2005

Feature request:
F5 - saves the program to a temporary file, compiles, and runs it

Perfect for running code copied from a forum - as simple as Ctrl+C, Alt_Tab, Ctrl+V, F5. It would save you the trouble of saving it to a file, and leaves no mess: no bas/exe files(s) to delete afterward.

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - VonGodric - 01-04-2005

Quote:Feature request:
F5 - saves the program to a temporary file, compiles, and runs it
Perfect for running code copied from a forum post that you don't want to keep, just test. It would save you the trouble of saving it to a file, and leaves no mess: no bas/exe files(s) to delete afterward.

Good idea -will be in the next version

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - Sterling Christensen - 01-04-2005

Quote:Good idea -will be in the next version
Yay!

BTW, it's funny how the post looks perfect when I preview, but then after it's posted I can't stop editing it. This is the third time recently that somebody has replied before I was finished revising it. lol

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - SJ0 - 01-07-2005

There is definitely a bug somewhere. When I try to run fbide off my microdrive, I can't compile anything, even though I installed fbide directly into the freebasic directory on that drive.

(Also, please change it so it doesn't bring you back to line 1 when there's an unknown error or an error without a line! It's a pain when I'm trying to get something to compile! Smile )

I'd try to fix these myself, but I don't have a C/C++ compiler on my computer, with good reason (FB is like 2MB. VC++ is like half a gig. You do the math)

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - VonGodric - 01-08-2005

I'v done little researching. Strange stuff: If path is too long then argv[] doesn't return whole path -why so? Also it seems FBC still have problems if the path passed to it has spaces in it. Like: "c:\my documents\..."

For more compile error, I maybe wrong, But ide calls FBC through api now, and not through shell command. And it seems that sometimes I get errors from stdin, and sometimes through stderror. I don't know yet how compilers really return errors, but I'll make some little research.

Tnx

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - retsyo - 01-09-2005

It is pretty, my feature requests Smile
1. "last files" in File manu
2. Option to let user choose fbc, *.fbt in FBIde.exe itself, then correct ini file is created. We do not need to edit ini file by hand.

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - VonGodric - 01-10-2005

View->Syntax colors-> select theme file, no editing is needed :wink:

FBIde 0.3.1 -> 0.3.3 - dumbledore - 01-10-2005

here's something i'd like:

when you right-click it and see the file version, have it display the right file version. or at least have an about box or something so a user can see what version they're using and whether or not they need to update. (version 0.2 says it's 0.1 under right-click properties)