Qbasicnews.com
Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Bug Reports (/thread-5202.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Bug Reports - Sterling Christensen - 01-05-2005

Quote:in qb'ish gfx mode, "sleep" doesn't wait till the key is pressed.

And also, sometimes FLIP is needed and sometimes is not, Would it be possible so that all the time, no matter what I do, flip would be needed to refresh screen? less confusing.

Also, in gfx mode, print is transparent -is it possible to have nontransparent? like 3rd optonal arg to color or smth?
Sleep will probably be easy to fix. I don't know why sometimes drawing shows before Flip.

I made it so that print was transparent only if you set a custom resolution, otherwise solid text (for screen12/13) but somebody changed that... it can still do solid text, I just don't know if there's a command to turn that on.

Quote:Since it's based on sdl, how can I get pointer to surface used? So I could modify directly with sdl?
Code:
'$include: "sdl.bi"

screen 123, 456, 32, 0

dim surface as SDL_Surface ptr
surface = SDL_GetVideoSurface
Quote:Is bload and bsave supported? if no, the would it be possible to make them load BMP files instead? a Lot easier.
Nope, but loading a bitmap is pretty simple - example.

Bug Reports - Sterling Christensen - 01-05-2005

Bug?
Code:
type blah
   array(0 to 123) as integer
end type

dim myBlah as blah
dim p as blah ptr
dim i as integer

p = varptr(blah)

' error 14: Expected identifier
i = p->array(2)

Bug Reports - VonGodric - 01-05-2005

Tnx Sterl, I want to be able to swtch on/off that text backgrund, and most logical way is: either pass 3rd optional arg to colo(0 transparent, -1 nontransparent or smth) or if bg color is <0 then transparent.

Bug Reports - v3cz0r - 01-05-2005

Code:
i = p->array(2)[\code]

Yeah, old known bug, listed on src/compiler/docs/TODO.txt, fixed - not on CVS yet.

I changed the bg on fonts to transparent by default, do you guys really prefer the other way? I remember that it was what i most hated in QB when making GUI's using only QB GFX routines, the fonts had that ugly black bg behind.

[code]print 'a' *5

That's actually another known bug i didn't fix before, invalid operations were simply been ignored w/o any report.. fixed.

I don't know what is wrong with TinyPTC in fullscreen on Windows 98, other ppl complained too, probably some DX setting not supported? Could be the hardware accel blitting, i guess.

Bug Reports - zydon - 01-05-2005

AFAIK, in TinyPTC distribution readme.txt or in it's source code has mentioned about the fullscreen bugs.

BTW, I've never got ddraw example working in my computer (W95/DX7). It always re-arrange all desktop icons into top-left in a 320x240 space size.

I guess proper DDraw example is required which is in exclusive mode without messing up desktop screen.

Bug Reports - DrV - 01-05-2005

hrm... I just tried the ddraw example and it hung... seems to be a problem with having my gfx card set to 'clone' to the analog TV output... (Geforce4 mx440)

Bug Reports - Z!re - 01-05-2005

Why does this work:
Code:
ParticleC(a) = SDL_MapRGB (buffer->format, 255, 0, 127)
But not this:
Code:
ParticleC(a) = SDL_MapRGB (buffer->format, 255, 255*rnd, 127)
Quote:MOoRPG.bas(63) : error 1: Argument count mismatch, found: '127'
?

Bug Reports - v3cz0r - 01-05-2005

RND crazyness, optional args.. parser was reading the "," as if it were part of the RND invocation.. fixed, will be on next release.

You can use RND() for now.

Bug Reports - retsyo - 01-05-2005

in qb45
Code:
FOR i = 1 TO 2 STEP .5
       PRINT i
NEXT i
prints
Code:
but fbc is trapped in a infinite loop to print
Code:
Do I always need to add
Code:
DIM i AS DOUBLE
if I want fbc to behave like qb?

BTW: any hints if I want to tailor fbc myself( for example, to add "hello"*2="hellohello")? I have not program a big, real qb projects till now :oops:

Bug Reports - Z!re - 01-05-2005

FBC's default type is 32 integer, thus, no decimal values, and 0.5 gets truncated to 0

So yes, you always have to add the dim, or DEFSNG A-Z to the top of your program, which is the default QB variable type.

And no, FBC will not and should not have "hello"*2 = "hellohello"
You can do:
t$ = "hello"
t$ = t$ + t$

Works just fine, this is BASIC, not Python.

But you could always get the FBC source yourself, and change it to your needs, adding string*numberical

EDIT:
Quote:RND crazyness, optional args.. parser was reading the "," as if it were part of the RND invocation.. fixed, will be on next release.

You can use RND() for now.
Does this mean that myfunc, without any passed variables would react it the same way?
Crappy example, untested:
Code:
aSub myfunc, 100, value
Would I have to do:
Code:
aSub myfunc(), 100, value
(I've never used functions that don't require an input so.. just curious )