Qbasicnews.com
Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Bug Reports (/thread-5202.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Bug Reports - Z!re - 01-05-2005

Just a suggestion, but it would be nice to be able to use both >=, => and <=, => it means the same.

And is it just me, or does:
Code:
If a => b and a <= c then
Look better than
Code:
If a >= b and a <= c then
First one is waaay sexier =)

Bug Reports - steven_basic - 01-05-2005

Quote:Just a suggestion, but it would be nice to be able to use both >=, => and <=, => it means the same.

And is it just me, or does:
Code:
If a => b and a <= c then
Look better than
Code:
If a >= b and a <= c then
First one is waaay sexier =)

Don't know about others, but => looks a little confusing if coming from alternate compilers where pointers are used (well even freebasic has -> for pointer usage).

Anyway, the standard is "greater or equal" (>=) and "less or equal" (<=) which is symbolized the way it is said.

Bug Reports - v3cz0r - 01-05-2005

LessOrEqual and GreatOrEqual, only QB to support the other way (btw, the IDE will convert => to >= automagically), => looks too much as ->, you can do a=>b and it will look messy.

No, only if myfunc has optional arguments at end and you didn't use () to invoke it -- the bug is fixed anyway.

Yeah, FB's default type is Integer, not Single as in QB, you have to do for i! = 1 to 2 step .5 to it work right or add a defsng a-z at top.

STRING$( ) wil only replicate(?) the first char of a string, there's no intrinsic function on QB to do string*value.

Bug Reports - Jofers - 01-05-2005

"+" works as string concatenation. It wouldn't make sense to have other operators. I mean, what is "/" supposed to do?

Now, what would be fantastic are some runtime string tokenizing functions, or regex functions that could speed up fbc.exe 's work.

Bug Reports - steven_basic - 01-06-2005

Quote:BTW, I've never got ddraw example working in my computer (W95/DX7). It always re-arrange all desktop icons into top-left in a 320x240 space size.
I guess proper DDraw example is required which is in exclusive mode without messing up desktop screen.

I don't think its as much a "proper" example as it is the drivers for your video card. I have had the exact same program react differently on two different PCs (one like stated and the other with no problem at all).
DirectX tries to give the programmer a standard API to use that works no matter what hardware exists. Usually a problem like above is from a driver that is not quite up to curent standards.
I have had great success in finding the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for the installed video card to correct "odd" problems with DirectX intensive apps (mostly games Smile )

"UUID.LIB" warning? - steven_basic - 01-06-2005

The following warning is popping up, but not stopping anything from compiling and/or running...

>C:\STEVEN\freebasic\fbc.exe" -s gui "mandbrot.bas"
Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized
> Execution finished.

Bug Reports - subxero - 01-06-2005

Forgive me if this has been asked/mentioned previously, but why can't CLOSE accept multiple arguments, like QB's version could? (e.g., CLOSE #F, #F2, #F3 instead of three separate CLOSEs.)

Also, it'd be really cool if you could implement a pre-scan of the source, so that I don't have to mess with writing tons of DECLARE statements every time I want to test the program. I'm writing a tool to help with that, but it'd be a cool inclusion.

Re: "UUID.LIB" warning? - Z!re - 01-06-2005

Quote:The following warning is popping up, but not stopping anything from compiling and/or running...

>C:\STEVEN\freebasic\fbc.exe" -s gui "mandbrot.bas"
> Execution finished.
It's a TinyTPC thing.. just ignore it, works anyways...

Bug Reports - v3cz0r - 01-06-2005

Warnings appear coz i built TinyPTC using VC++ and it adds garbage to the lib generated, what GNU linkers can't parse, just annoying, makes no difference.

Okay, didn't know CLOSE could have multiple arguments, fixed.

About adding DECLAREs, nor BC (QB's cmm-line compiler) does that for you, forward references can only be resolved by n-passes compilers, what FB (and BC) aren't, sorry. BASIC has loads of ambiguities, there's no way to know for example in "bar = foo( a, b, c )" if "foo" is an array or a function.

possible command$ bug - Antoni Gual - 01-06-2005

V1ctor:
In my pc if a fb exe is run from a directoy having a space in it , command$ returns a part of the the exe path (from the first space on)
Code:
'NAME: commandtest.exe
print ">";command$;"<"
a$=input$(1)

if run from c:\freebasic it prints correctly a null string

if run from c:\program files it prints
Code:
files\commandtest.exe"
with the trailing quote mark but not the leading one

W2000 and FB v0.09 installed.

(I was trying to steal the parseCmd routine in the FB source when i found it... Big Grin )