Qbasicnews.com
Bug Reports - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Bug Reports (/thread-5202.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Bug Reports - v3cz0r - 01-06-2005

True, fixed, thanks -- at least XP/2k seems to quote the path when it contains spaces, i'm guessing 9x does the same..

Bug Reports - Antoni Gual - 01-06-2005

Can't check it. My W98 notebook doesn't want to start. **Going for the big hammer**...

Bug Reports - adosorken - 01-06-2005

9x doesn't quote paths. It really makes for messy implementations. Sad

Bug Reports - undertow - 01-06-2005

Some of the new data type don't mix well and can cause a program to crash, for example in the following code

Code:
declare function addone(a)

type mytypeT
   a  as byte
end type

dim mytype(1 to 100) as mytypeT

for i = 1 to 10
   m =  addone(mytype(i).a)
next i

sleep 1000

function addone(a)
addone = a+1
end function

The program crashes when the call is made to the function addone.
This only occurs with arrays. If mytype was just a normal variable, it does not crash. (ie dim mytype as mytypeT)

Bug Reports - adosorken - 01-06-2005

You could try adding "Field = 1" to the Type definition.

Bug Reports - v3cz0r - 01-06-2005

Yeah, arguments were not checked if they were passed by reference, FB was converting anything to temp vars, new version won't allow that, (a) is a byref integer arg, while you are passing a byte var, new version will report:

test.bas(10) : error 59: Type mismatch, at parameter: 1

So or you redeclare it as (byval a as integer) or (a as byte).

New version does loads of parameter checkings that weren't done before, i was checking stuff at the Intermediate Representation module, what is a bad place to do that.. all checks done at the AST now.

New release will be done soon..

Bug Reports - 1000101 - 01-07-2005

Two problems:

1) I keep getting the error
Code:
E:\freeBASIC\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lzlib1.dll

I stuck this file (zlib1.dll) in c:/winnt/system32, in /freebasic/bin/, in the /freebasic/, in the friggen source dir and it still happens.

2) More fake problems. It seems the fb doesn't like declaring arrays using variables containing the upper (and/or lower?) bounds.

This line fails:
Code:
redim orgbuffer(0 to orglen) as byte
With the following error:
Code:
examples\zlibtest.o(.text+0xcc):fake: undefined reference to `ORGBUFFER'

This happens whether orgbuffer is predeclared (dim orgbuffer() as byte) or not.

Bug Reports - v3cz0r - 01-07-2005

1) it can't be a dll, must be an import library (.lib), and you pass just the "zlib1" name, w/o the "lib" at beginning and any extension (GNU linker stuff). Creating an import library by hand isn't simple, you have to create the .def file using pexports.exe (not included, part of Mingw32) and the dlltool.exe -- if the lib has a .lib import, rename it to .a.dll and copy to fb's lib dir

2) i guess you are calling the proc as "proc orgbuffer", w/o indexes, new version won't allow that.. with .09 you can do for example orgbuffer = orgbuffer + 1, what will fail if orgbuffer is a dynamic array (will fail with that fake message)

1) It comes with the .def and .exp files, where do I stick'em? /freebasic/libs/ ?

2) hrm, that is a bit of a pain. Is there no way to load an entire buffer at one intrisinctly, like VB? Or am I going to have to use a cruddy for-next loop like qb?

My code currently looks like this:
Code:
get #1, , orgbuffer
I'd hate do to this:
Code:
    for i = 0 to orglen
        get #1, , orgbuffer(i)
    next i

1) Ok, I've gotten the import library created, now instead of not finding the import library, I get another, different set of errors:
Code:
examples\zlibtest.o(.text+0x111):fake: undefined reference to `compress@16'
examples\zlibtest.o(.text+0x22e):fake: undefined reference to `uncompress@16'

1) I guess I'll have to use an API work around *frown*