Qbasicnews.com
Cobra - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QBasic (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: QB Projects (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Cobra (/thread-59.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Cobra - na_th_an - 12-28-2002

Urm, never used that EMS code, but may be able to find it. I have megs and megs of ABC snippets.

Cobra - Rokkuman - 01-07-2003

Man. I can't figure out how to add this keyhandler. Every time I try your character is able to walk out of a midair jump. Hopefully I'll figure this out. But let me ask you this, just because if you say yes doesn't mean I'll just stop, but let's say I did decide to stick with this keyhandler. Would you. (A. Play it normally. (B. Play it but wish it were better. or (C. Avoid it like the plague and flame me like mad.

Cobra - toonski84 - 01-07-2003

that isnt the keyhandlers fault. lemme see the code where you read a key and do an action. left and right should only walk left and right if the person is touching the ground. and if...then clause should take care of that.

Cobra - Rokkuman - 01-07-2003

Sorry, the walking code is spread among a lot of different subs. You would *not* understand it, I hardly can.

Cobra - toonski84 - 01-07-2003

then perhaps you need to rewrite it. maybe something a little orgainized. spagetti code is not healthy...

but lemme see the code anyway. i'll see what i can do with it.

Cobra - Dav - 01-07-2003

The GetBLASTER% function in the code up there needs tweaking a little. Sometimes the IRQ is set to 10 on systems (mine is one of them) and the MID$ up there is only grabbing 1 byte after the I, failing to get the 10.

- Dav

Cobra - Rokkuman - 01-08-2003

Ok, do you guys think I should rewrite Cobra? I mean, sure it will add on to the release date, but then I can take more of your ideas into account and improve on what I did. I won't delete the original copy, and all your "favorite Qb characters" will still be in the game. But by redoing it, I can make it better. So waddya say?

Cobra - toonski84 - 01-08-2003

do it. with some proper coding techniques, it could be a lot more efiicient.

and since you're redesigning it, dont be so reluctant to use a library. they are not "someone else's code", they are replacements for mediocre qb functions, such as put. and ugl's memory management works like a dream. the most technilogically advanced programmers today use libraries like directx and opengl to render high-quality graphics, there's no shame in and the "challenge" will only keep you from making a great game.

Oh I know, I developed my drawing functions and other things. I'm gonna stick with programming this libless. But it will be library qua- it will be good!

So? Anybody gots any non-EMS memory conserving tips? I could use all of them.

Hey, thanks to whoever it was that said something about the live actors and the video recorders for Garou, ((in that KOF post)) I just got an idea, I can make stick figures first, and then just draw the sprites over them! That should get rid of my animation laziness and people will look better and possibly more fluid! Thanks poster in the KOF topic area!