Qbasicnews.com
My Work In Progress IDE. - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: Qbasic "like" compilers/interpreters (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: FB Discussion & Programming Help (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-15.html)
+---- Forum: FB Projects (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-16.html)
+---- Thread: My Work In Progress IDE. (/thread-6020.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

My Work In Progress IDE. - MystikShadows - 02-13-2005

inline doc? you mean like QB's help?

My Work In Progress IDE. - VonGodric - 02-13-2005

Looks good, keep it up :wink:

Thanks :-)..glad you're not seeing it as competition or anything ;-)....there's many IDE available to all languages that have their own specific set of features, figured FB was definitaly worth that kind of attention :-)....that's all :-)...

My Work In Progress IDE. - Rattrapmax6 - 02-13-2005

Quote:Thanks :-)..glad you're not seeing it as competition or anything ;-)....there's many IDE available to all languages that have their own specific set of features, figured FB was definitaly worth that kind of attention :-)....that's all :-)...

He might be glad more ppl are starting to make IDEs,.. as far I've seen his is the only one aviliable at the moment... Smile It looks like stressful work making it do what it does.. :wink:

My Work In Progress IDE. - VonGodric - 02-13-2005

Quote:Thanks :-)..glad you're not seeing it as competition or anything ;-)....there's many IDE available to all languages that have their own specific set of features, figured FB was definitaly worth that kind of attention :-)....that's all :-)...
Oh but I do in a way...

I can't please everyone and beside my current ide is just an enhaced notepad for FB with few features. But wait till I'll start the ide project about what I posted in another thread :lol:

Nah seriously -what I'v seen from the screenshots, it looks great and I'm not that stupid to not see if someone has done smth well. Of course real ide remains yet to be seen :wink:

anyway keep it up!

My Work In Progress IDE. - barok - 02-13-2005

This is looking awesome! When will we see a release date?

Heh... we had the rpg craze, the fake os craze. Now it looks like a FB IDE craze. Wink

I'm hoping within the next week to 2 weeks...if time, kids, destiny, life, wife and God permits...lol..What's left to do before I release it is:

- Make the IDE call FBC and set up the FBC command lines per project (for when you want to make a GUI project or not, etc etc). couple minutes that will be done.
- Make sure saving of projects/files works good....no use releasing something that can destroy source files? lol...So far so good, but I definitaly want to double check that part.
- give it a good rundown (just to be on the safe side).
- Add buttons on the tool bar (2 isn't enough...lol)...
- fix a bug that is a pain....some editor controls don't resize and mess things up...
- Clean up the code a tad, started out very clean but lately i've been a little bit lazy ;-).
- create a install package since I need to register a few controls....

- disable all my emails and instant messengers... :rotfl: nah won't do that....

My Work In Progress IDE. - Rattrapmax6 - 02-14-2005

Quote:I can't please everyone and beside my current ide is just an enhaced notepad for FB with few features. But wait till I'll start the ide project about what I posted in another thread :lol:

Heh heh, I'm hooked on that "just an enhaced notepad", besides that crunch margin thing is sweet, makes code easier to read..

2 Weeks? I'll be waiting Mystik.. Smile ,. (IDE collector, QB wise I have 1.1, 4.5, and 7.1... :lol: ) :wink:

My Work In Progress IDE. - relsoft - 02-14-2005

Looking Great!!!!

My Work In Progress IDE. - MystikShadows - 02-20-2005

Small update, I believe I can say the saving of files and projects is accomplished (at least for a beta version ;-). I hate beta testing, programmers are such bad beta testers cause they tend to do things the right way all the time by instinct LOL....so we'll see how it comes out and how long it takes to post a problem ;-). Working on the rest of my TODO list one at a time :-).

We're getting there folks.