Qbasicnews.com
How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+---- Forum: Art & Music (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-19.html)
+---- Thread: How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* (/thread-75.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - Rokkuman - 01-17-2003

Is somebody going around messing with posts? The no selection on my post just went away. And I had to edit it back.

How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - wildcard - 01-17-2003

Quote:Is somebody going around messing with posts? The no selection on my post just went away. And I had to edit it back.

I've had the same problem, its some obscure bug in phpBB2

How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - na_th_an - 01-17-2003

Quote:well, nate, nobody but don bluth has the spare time and money to buy an animation studio and make movies himself. i think pj here's best shot is to scan some hi-contrast ink drawings. a simple backlight costs about 25 bucks (i invested in one awhile ago for some of my art), but you can improvise with a translucent cutting board propped over a flash light. the general idea is just to get a light shining through the back of the paper so you trace for animations. anyhow, scan them black and white at a high res, color and scale them down for anti-aliasing. that way you dont have to deal with little tiny light-colored dusts and scratches and the like. you're going to need a routine anyhow to push out animations.

That was my point, more or less. I suggested him to use his compute and throw away that idea of making real animes.

I used once translucent paper (vegetal paper is called in spanish), which is a good deal. I just drawed every frame and scanned them, and made the animations using a DOS program. They looked fine. Anyhow, having flash I won't consider another option. Flash rocks if you know what you are doing. You can do normal animation using flash: just set the rate to 15 fps and draw each frame. Flash even has that trasnlucent paper feature where you see the previous frames while you are drawing the current, so it rocks.

How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - relsoft - 01-18-2003

Quote:
Megaman Wrote:I can draw pretty good in my opinion.

Self-confidence, eh? Where we can see your artwork? [Image: wink2.gif]

Nathan and Toonski are right, but some appreciations about their comments:

- For standard animation (not movies) the frame rate is around 12 or 14 FPS. Yeah, I know that NTSC video system is 29,97 FPS and PAL is about 25 FPS, but note that the real animation -not the parallax effects nor screen pannings- is a lot slower than that. Watch with attention.

- The suggestion Nathan gave you is excellent for non professionals. The computer will help you greatly on making animation. Use and abuse scrollings, zooms and motion tweenings, and you'll end with something similar to these older Captain America cartoons (honestly: awesome). Consider also the Flash format to make animations. And don't forget that when you're using a GIF animator, that's animation too.

- About the real equipment, well, Nathan is right again. A cheaper way it's to make the animation in the computer, and then "export" it to a VCR or other type of recordable media using a Video editor/TV capturer or the TV-out of your graphics card. I've done it with Flash-based animation to a VHS tape, and I can recommend this method as it yields very good results. (for not being a professional animation studio, that's it [Image: biglaugh.gif])

Aha!!!! Now I know how you did those kewl sketches!!!!!

How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - Hexadecimal Disaster - 01-19-2003

Cool sketches? WTF are you talking about? :o

How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - relsoft - 01-19-2003

Quote:Cool sketches? WTF are you talking about? :o

WTF are you trying to hide?

:evil: -Grin

First: I don't know why the hell you aren't at Leah today.

Second: Hiding what? We're talking about Flash and animations, and you jumped with "sketches". That's why I asked. And I'm still questioning myself about what sketches are you talking about. Seriously. :-?

How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - relsoft - 01-19-2003

1. The darn Page wont load(Leah)

2. Like that GS sketch??? Or it was a Flash movie that this darn computer wont display?

;*)

Irc

Server: EsperNet

Channel: #qbrpg

*Lots of drunken ppl there.....

;*)

GS? Aahh! Nooo, that thing never had any relation with Flash movies.

About the IRC, well I haven't installed mIRC or anything similar and I'm not planning to do it anyways so... well, until another day. BTW, did you tried the main page of Leah? (that's it http://chatzone.leahcim.com/)

Naah, forget the previous post. That silly Trillian has support for IRC, I forgot that little point.

BTW, where's the EDIT button? That's why I had to doublepost... (blaaagh! [Image: crap.gif])