Qbasicnews.com
Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: QbasicNews.Com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Challenges (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? (/thread-8166.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - Liquid Snake - 09-30-2005

I'd like to make a text adventure with some of you guys. If you're interested let me know. I like making them but I don't have the time anymore. Besides, a game made by more than one person is usually better. So, let me know if you're interested. I don't care what it's based on.

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - speedlemon - 10-01-2005

If you need some help. I would want to. Even though im not that good at programming. I could probably do some of the other stuff besides programming and maybe a little programming.

heres this email address you can use to contact me
speedlemon@gmail.com

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - j2krei08 - 10-01-2005

Sounds great! I've attempted many times myself, but it's just too complicated with one person coding every single possibility.

Shouldn't this be a project, though?

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - speedlemon - 10-02-2005

j2krei- i really hope you're not serious... im not going to spend one second trying to make a text game like that. if i was going to help, i would at least try to make it better quality then that. something a bit more like na_th_an's tutorials.

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - Oz - 10-02-2005

i might be intrested in helping out

and we don't have to do "every possibility".there is a much easier way of doing things....

list possible commands, and possible objects, and cross reference...jsut make sure we know what is in which scene

oz~

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - Liquid Snake - 10-03-2005

Sweet. And speedlemon, why not? Graphical games usually become too complicated, and if you try to add a story it becomes even harder. Remember, this isn't Flash or Java where you can easily make or import a graphic and make it move or whatnot. This is QBASIC. To be honest in my opinion, if a game has a good story to it, then that's all that truly matters.

Anyway, I agree that a text adventure takes too long to make by one person. So what should we make one on? Any ideas?

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - Liquid Snake - 10-03-2005

Quote:Shouldn't this be a project, though?

Feel free to move it if you can.

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - rpgfan3233 - 10-03-2005

Quote:This is QBASIC.
Hint: There is also FreeBasic. . .

Quote:
Liquid Snake Wrote:This is QBASIC.

ummm, ok. In any case I'd like to start a game with you guys. If you don't want to do a text-based game, then make suggestions and/or ideas for games.

Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group? - rpgfan3233 - 10-03-2005

Quote:
rpgfan3233 Wrote:
Liquid Snake Wrote:This is QBASIC.

ummm, ok. In any case I'd like to start a game with you guys. If you don't want to do a text-based game, then make suggestions and/or ideas for games.
QUOTE PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k :lol:

By that comment, I was referring to the fact that FreeBasic allows BMP loading. People could design great 2D figures, which could then be saved as BMPs and BLOADed when necessary.