Qbasicnews.com
Oblivion - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Oblivion (/thread-9072.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Oblivion - Josiah Tobin - 04-03-2006

Quote:
NecrosIhsan Wrote:Eric, you're being a dick. And a lousy one at that.

No, no I'm not. Being a dick would imply that I "know it's an RPG but I'm just causing trouble." I don't think it's an RPG and I think anyone who does is a retard.
:rotfl: You completely fail to see that your current labelling of 'a dick' doesn't stem from your opinion, but from the way you insist that it's universally true and that it's more than an opinion. (and yes, I know you're likely gonna quote that and say that it is, in fact, more than an opinion)

The point is, most people here would agree with Nek's initial comment on your personality. I'd say the only way for you to effectively diminish that label is to shut the fuck up... And I'd say that's a bit of a stretch, too.

ANYWAY, yes. Oblivion. Has anyone here finished the main quest yet? I haven't, though I'm curious to know if/how it changes the game in any way. At the moment (that is, whenever I get the chance to play it), I'm pretty much just wandering around raiding ruins, occasionally stopping to pursue some point in the main quest. I think it's much more fun to just wander, do whatever I like, now and then steering back to the main plot whenever I get bored. The sheer amount of things to do holds my attention for quite some time.

Oblivion - 1000101 - 04-03-2006

Quote:You completely fail to see that your current labelling of 'a dick' doesn't stem from your opinion, but from the way you insist that it's universally true and that it's more than an opinion. (and yes, I know you're likely gonna quote that and say that it is, in fact, more than an opinion)

The point is, most people here would agree with Nek's initial comment on your personality. I'd say the only way for you to effectively diminish that label is to shut the @£$£ up... And I'd say that's a bit of a stretch, too.

hrm, I'm not sure what your point is. So, you're saving I'm a dick because think it takes more then button mashing to be an RPG. But the way, Diablo is less of an RPG then FF is in the scope of my definition.

Further, I really don't care if you think I'm a dick or not. I'm not here to win popularity contests. Also, the same people who think I'm a dick probably think the same about Nek for other reasons. For that matter, I think nek is a dick on some fronts and he does me. I think my best friend is a dick occasionally. But to label someone as a dick simply because they have higher standards or a more restrictive system of defining things is, in a word, being a dick.

Sure, I'm a dick. You're an asshole. And I'm gay.
Eh, I think the FF series are rpgs (by my definition, as well as most people who play these kinds of games, whatever genre they 'technically' fall into), you don't. Okay. Just had to make ONE horribly bad-taste joke in this topic. Tongue

Oblivion - Deleter - 04-03-2006

Yeah i finished the main quest. It is pretty cool...but after it has ended the world sorta sucks. You are right there at the final scene, and yet people who talk to you (despite your ranking that you get following the final scene) are like, "Have you not heard? [end scene] has happened!" Makes me want to punch people. And, despite your ultimate status (no not emperor Tongue) you are still restricted to the same rules...I guess they had to do this, but it would have been nice if they had changed it more.

And I went and talked to a guard somewhere else, and he was like "I know this has happened before, but somehow this feels different" or whatever that quote is you here right after getting out of prison if you go into the city...

For the most part the world is the same, though you do get a cool item.

If you didn't notice, I did my hardest not to spoil any of it, because it is pretty cool. Smile

Hmm... Same as it's always been, then. Guess I'll stick to doing my own thing/sidequests. Tongue

Oblivion - Deleter - 04-03-2006

Quote:Hmm... Same as it's always been, then. Guess I'll stick to doing my own thing/sidequests. Tongue
good idea Smile

Quote:Eh, I think the FF series are rpgs (by my definition, as well as most people who play these kinds of games, whatever genre they 'technically' fall into), you don't.

Oh, I love the FF games (the earlier ones, the later ones seemed to go with "pretty" over content). But just because I love something it doesn't mean I think it's labeled properly or the pinacle of the genre. I love Morrowind (from a players standpoint), but I also hate it (from modders standpoint). Now I forget where I was going with this. hrm. Oh yeah. Cheese-whiz r00ls.

As to the story-lines in Oblivion (and Morrowind), I did the main quest once, but I was more interested in doing the side-quests. They, imo, were more fun and generally weren't the annoying STW (Save The World).

Oblivion - Agamemnus - 04-03-2006

Anyone know two places where I can get vampire dust? I used all mine up (in one place) for potions and didn't realize I needed it for a quest...

Anyway I am now Guildmaster of the Fighter's Guild. The fighter's guild plot line is kind of sad, and I wonder if it has alternate endings..

Quote:Anyone know two places where I can get vampire dust? I used all mine up (in one place) for potions and didn't realize I needed it for a quest...

There is a vampire in the sewers under the arena.

Oblivion - Agamemnus - 04-03-2006

Thanks, I'll check it out.