Qbasicnews.com
Oblivion - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Oblivion (/thread-9072.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Oblivion - Liquid Snake - 06-25-2006

Not sure if anyone has had this problem or not, but on the "seeking your roots" quest (2nd part) when you need to collect 20 nirnroots, I can't find the guy to bring them to. He's supposed to be in Skingrad right? Just wondering if it's a bug since he's not there or if he's elsewhere or what?

Oblivion - Agamemnus - 06-25-2006

He's in the basement of the inn. (There is a door near the inn's entrance-- inside the inn, that is.)

Maybe it's the wrong guy...

Oblivion - Liquid Snake - 06-25-2006

Thanks, you were right, for some reason I thought he was in the mages guild...

Oblivion - KiZ - 06-25-2006

There are some glitches which make quests uncompleteable though. The quest at the shrine of that crazed idol where you have to play a joke on the village broke halfway through for me and I cant complete it. It sucks when that happens, Ive seen other people with similar problems in other quests.

Did you patch your game..? Or wait, is it a console version? Sad

Also, I find it amazing how stores in the UK have prices more than double that in the US for computer games. What is the minimum wage for the UK?... probably UK is richer per capita and therefore can afford to spend more, hence Euro/US versions... at least there aren't euro/US computers...

Oblivion - KiZ - 06-25-2006

Quote:Did you patch your game..? Or wait, is it a console version? :(
We still get patches :) Xbox live is very good about that kind of thing, I havent checked to see if the quest works now after that patch however. The bad thing is Xbox live doesnt actually tell you what the patch is or what it fixes, it just tells you the game requires an update and then downloads it, and restarts the game.

Quote:Also, I find it amazing how stores in the UK have prices more than double that in the US for computer games. What is the minimum wage for the UK?... probably UK is richer per capita and therefore can afford to spend more, hence Euro/US versions... at least there aren't euro/US computers...
You know, I really dont know why. I bought an engine recently that cost me £65 off Ebay, direct from Hongkong (bypasses import tax as well). It costs about the same in America - $120. But If I was to buy that in shops here, it would have cost me £119 (nearly $220)

I would have thought that the high prices were from things being imported from the US and having tax and import costs hike the price up... but that example I gave there was from a HK based manufacturer, the US is not involved in any way in the HK -> UK import. I really dont know.

The minimum adult(over 21) wage here is £5.05, which is $9.17

Average wage in 2004 was £22,900, which is around $41,000
Average US wage in 2004 was $35,648

So the average national wage is higher in the UK than US, however there is a lot more poverty in America than here, so I think the figure is inaccurate for middle class.

You should see our gas prices -_-

95p per litre = £3.61 ($6.56) per gallon.

I wonder how many UK citizens as a percentage do shopping online, versus the US?

Oblivion - Anonymous - 06-26-2006

Quote:The minimum adult(over 21) wage here is £5.05, which is $9.17

geez, man. it's not even $6/hr here

Oblivion - KiZ - 06-26-2006

ouch. But as I said, take a look at our gas prices. $6.56/gallon. I think we deserve a bit extra xD

edit: Holy crap, I just looked at gas prices in Venezuela. in 2005, a gallon would set you back 12 US cents. O_O *sets up pipeline from Venezuela to UK*

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

Oblivion - Dr_Davenstein - 06-27-2006

Hmmm... I don't know about anyone else around here that's from the us, but I make a hell of alot more than that. I think those figure reflect the pay at fast food jobs, grocery stores, etc...