Qbasicnews.com
Oblivion - Printable Version

+- Qbasicnews.com (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum)
+-- Forum: General (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General/Misc (http://qbasicnews.com/newforum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Oblivion (/thread-9072.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Oblivion - Josiah Tobin - 04-01-2006

Quote:Well okay then, since I am suddenly not allowed to exercise my 1st amendment rights to free speech, I guess I'll just shut up now so the rest of you can exercise yours in a show of blatant hypocrisy.
Hmm, point. Alright, I hereby return your right to speak freely. Wink
Hypocrisy, though? I dunno. I like the game. That's about as far as I go. :lol:

Oblivion - Deleter - 04-01-2006

Quote:Well okay then, since I am suddenly not allowed to exercise my 1st amendment rights to free speech, I guess I'll just shut up now so the rest of you can exercise yours in a show of blatant hypocrisy.
you have the right to, not the obligation to. If all you are going to do is say "this game sounds bad", whats the point. Tongue I personally don't care, as you are entitled to your opinion and can speak it all you want, but what use is it? I see threads all the time about things I think bad of or the like and I just ignore them, rather than posting useless forum-clutter.

Oblivion - KiZ - 04-01-2006

I got it today, finally arrived from Amazon, and I can say, after playing about 2 hrs of it, it is one of the (if not the) best game I have ever played. The sense of depth in your freedom is stunning and the level of interaction with the environment is great. It hasnt quite reached the holy grail RPG status of "do whatever you want in a intensly lifelike world" ... but it is getting there ;)

It hasnt crashed once. The framerate is sexy. the gfx are just darn sexy in general. I love it!

To the people who dont like it- you either havent played it, cant appreciate a good RPG when it hits you smack in the face or you torrented it and its value is throw-away, and you love nit picking stupid little details.

Suckers! I am devoting all day tomorrow to it ;) (well, most of the day)

Oblivion - 1000101 - 04-01-2006

Quote:Suckers! I am devoting all day tomorrow to it Wink (well, most of the day)

Tip: When dungeon crawling, watch the floor. Think trigger-plates, trip-lines and traps. Wink

If you see a trigger-plate or a trip-line then throw something at it and stand back.

Oblivion - SJ Zero - 04-01-2006

KiZ, when you run the game for the first time just to find that the video options menu crashes the game, the shader code doesn't bother to detect whether the video card being used has the capability to run the game, the level up code still has debugging code in it which writes debug files to the game directory, and a host of other problems, you can only tell it like it is.

Bethesda released this game too early. The game code isn't finished. Period. I'm enjoying the game very much regardless, just like I did with Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind, all of which I own.

Daggerfall is still the most free of the TES games, in my opinion. They had to remove a lot of stuff from the later games because there was simply too much. Ironically, it was the most buggy as well, until this one showed up.

Oblivion - TheDarkJay - 04-01-2006

I found Morrowind quite free once you add the mods to it. Like ridding horses, which were originally planned but taken out.

Thanks to the modding community this is now possible

Oblivion - seph - 04-01-2006

The one reason I stopped playin Morrowind was because as a video game, it was limited. I could not do double back-flip's and land on my enemy's neck and stab him with a butterknife. More realistically, some of my other limitations were not being able to have conversations with other characters that went in different directions. I could not join forces with random characters to take over the world. I was forced to do linear jobs with linear characters. I think I will never be happy with an RPG unless it was either as good as FF7, or it was D&D.

Oblivion - 1000101 - 04-01-2006

Quote:...as good as FF7...

That's like saying, "as much fun as getting a rectal hernia, colonoscopy and arse-raped in jail all at the same time."

FF7 si teh sux0rs. Pouring salt on slugs pwnes FF7.

Oblivion - SSC - 04-01-2006

Quote:
seph Wrote:...as good as FF7...

That's like saying, "as much fun as getting a rectal hernia, colonoscopy and arse-raped in jail all at the same time."

FF7 si teh sux0rs. Pouring salt on slugs pwnes FF7.
OMFG! You are dead to me, and do not deserve to play RPGs Cry

Oblivion - Deleter - 04-01-2006

Quote:To the people who dont like it- you either havent played it, cant appreciate a good RPG when it hits you smack in the face or you torrented it and its value is throw-away, and you love nit picking stupid little details.
or they had huge technical problems which in some case resulted from bad code rather than a bad computer.

But if it works then yes, it is pretty neat. The funnest thing is pretty much to ignore the majority of the quests and do your own thing. Like, my theif who just steals whatever he wants and occasionally does theives guild missions. I have a lot more fun with him than with my knight who is doing the main quest. My assassain is just plain fun though, the thing that hinders going completely free with him is that there are npc's who you can't kill because of the main quest or something so they just fall unconcsiouss for a minute... :roll:

Overall it is not as open as we want, but compared to other computer rpg, it is pretty open. Obviously D&D and other table top RPG's are more open, but then again, you can't play those by yourself 24/7 and still have fun. And all the cool gfx have to be created by your imagination rather than your computer.