Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terror attack in Istanbul, Turkey...
That happens to me. I learned from the Catholic sect. Now I am an expert. An you are copletely true: most religious fundamendalist people don't even know what they believe in.

In fact, Catholics are not Christians but Paulists. They follow St.Paul teachings, not Jesus Christ's, i.e. St. Paul's own interpretations of Jesus Christ's teachings (just interpretations as he didn't know JC in person). And I know what I am talking about.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:In fact, Catholics are not Christians but Paulists. They follow St.Paul teachings, not Jesus Christ's, i.e. St. Paul's own interpretations of Jesus Christ's teachings (just interpretations as he didn't know JC in person). And I know what I am talking about.
VERY correct.

The irony of the whole thing though is that Jesus Christ as written in the bible never actually lived (and yes there is an abundance of historical proof of this), however as a character, he had some very strong ideals and is actually one hell of a role model. The issue I find the most humorous is the fact that the Catholic church has, for centuries, regarded women as like a lower-class life form, yet Jesus Christ himself said that women and men are as equals. However, in one of the lost books of the Bible (this would be the book of Thomas, I do believe), it was said that a woman could not enter the kingdom of heaven, and Jesus Christ said that he would turn a woman into a man so she may enter the kingdom of heaven. It's no wonder that this book never made it into the "official" Bible. And while we're on the Bible subject...the Bible was written between the second and fourth centuries by the Romans, NOT around the "turn of the eras" like many people believe. It is a chimaeric book, composed of many different people's writings, none of which, for obvious reasons, lived around the turn of the eras. In their own private writings, these men and women admitted to the falsities of their writings for the Bible, but wrote such doctrines for the "good of all people".

Be that as it may...if you overlook the blatant contradictions in the Bible, it does contain some great ideas by which to live by. Now if only these fundies would actually read their own damn book...
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:The irony of the whole thing though is that Jesus Christ as written in the bible never actually lived

Hmm yes true... I don't think that there is any historical evidence of a man born from a virgin and God.

BUT, if you had bothered to read Scientific American, you wouldn't be so hasty. They talk about how the "real" Jesus might have looked like about 12 or so issues ago.

Quote:The Coran is a beautiful text which has nothing to do with what fundamentalists believe. It teaches good values and virtues, just like the Bible.

What I think is so interesting here is that you forget that after Mohammed wrote the Quran, he went on a bloody campaign in Arabia, which his followers soon turned into a bloody campaign in the Middle East and North Africa.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Agamemnus: Have you read the Coran? - http://www.arab2.com/quran/

I was talking about that book, not about Mahoma. I was not forgetting anything. And if I was muslim I would have considered your statement way too offensive to my beliefs. But I am not (and I still find it outta place).

adosorken: Yeah, correct. And what is more: you can follow JC's teachings without believing in God. That's why I am a christian 'cause I like those values (self and others respect, tolerance, love, peace) and I don't believe in God at all.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:BUT, if you had bothered to read Scientific American, you wouldn't be so hasty. They talk about how the "real" Jesus might have looked like about 12 or so issues ago.
Hasty??? Where you got that from eludes me...

The Scientific American issue you're referring to offers a hypothesis, not historical reference. It is based on the location of his supposed birth as well as a few other logical factors.

Quote:you can follow JC's teachings without believing in God. That's why I am a christian 'cause I like those values (self and others respect, tolerance, love, peace) and I don't believe in God at all.
Finally...someone who actually grasps the concepts...you're a rarity in this world, na_th_an Smile
Quote:I was talking about that book, not about Mahoma. I was not forgetting anything. And if I was muslim I would have considered your statement way too offensive to my beliefs. But I am not (and I still find it outta place).

It's not a "statement". It's history.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

I hate to drag you guys back a page, but.... (from the National Geographic):

Countries where slavery is permitted: 0

Countries where more than 100 human beings have been known to have been trafficked last year: Albania, Angola, Armenia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Congo, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, North Korea, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia and Montenegro, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe

27 million people are slaves around the world.

Don't ya think some countries should look at their own internal problems before beating up other countries?

(I've only highlighted countries that I am sure are in the "war against terrorism". There may be more in that list. Also, it is good to see NZ isn't in that list!)
Quote:27 million people are slaves around the world.

Don't ya think some countries should look at their own internal problems before beating up other countries?
Rhiannon already stated this fact earlier Wink
Oracle, you should really get your facts straight. "Trafficked" doesn't mean that those 100 human beings were slaves. They could be:

1) Illegal workers
2) Terrorists slipping into the country
3) Hostages
4) Abductees

Most of these countries have (4) as the major reason, however.

Quote:1) Illegal workers
Translation: slave.

Quote:2) Terrorists slipping into the country
Not considered human trafficking.

Quote:3) Hostages
Translation: slave of political nature.

Quote:4) Abductees
See translation for #3.

Maybe you have mistaken National Enquirer for National Geographic, Agamemnus? Tongue :lol: