Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBColony... is soon to be known as GamerColony.
Yep. I thought of it for a while, and decided that maybe it would be a turn for the better (not that the original site was bad) if the site went from a QB Game Reviewing site, to a Freeware/Abandonware/Whatever's Legal game site. I guess you could call this my first actual step in expanding...

But of course, QB Game Reviews will definitely still be available. In fact, all of the previous reviews, are being moved over to the new site. If I want to hold a large game library, of course I'll have to implement a staff system to it, so if anyone's interested... shut up and wait until the site's done, then we'll talk.

Instead of redesigning the whole QBC site I was just working on, I'll make minor alterations to it, so that this doesn't take as long as it sounds like it would.

I'll post new details here as they come into light...
Sounds good.

Just don't let it explode instead of expand. Big Grin
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Nope, it seems to be comming along quite well... My only problem that I can forsee is what method I should use for people to give the files to me. If I make a simple uploading script, that will permit people to upload useless crap/viruses/whatever they want...;
You can review this demo from our forthcoming game: http://imaginatica.us.es/~wopr2k/zip/Pha..._win32.zip
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:Nope, it seems to be comming along quite well... My only problem that I can forsee is what method I should use for people to give the files to me. If I make a simple uploading script, that will permit people to upload useless crap/viruses/whatever they want...;
Well, what about The Geekery? I let people upload anything. If you host your site on your own computer, however, why not just get an antivirus program to scan the uploads directory every couple of hours, and delete any viruses it finds?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
A common thing to do is to have the uploads go to a place only admins can see, and then they'll check them, and maybe add them to the public area. That saves you the trouble of constantly worrying if you're now hosting something you wouldn't like to host (ofcause technically you might be, but it wont be public).
url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Quote:A common thing to do is to have the uploads go to a place only admins can see, and then they'll check them, and maybe add them to the public area. That saves you the trouble of constantly worrying if you're now hosting something you wouldn't like to host (ofcause technically you might be, but it wont be public).

Well, yes. That's pretty much how it'll work. The games will be submitted to the reviewers, they review them, and put them up. But if someone sends something with dangerous code and whatnot... then... well... the reviewer's screwed. And I'm not totally confident that Anti-Virus software will always catch it, (if it can, however, I'm good with it then)..
Meh... I guess it wouldn't hurt for you guys to see the progress...

http://68.110.154.43:81/newqbc

That's the site so far. The Action Games section works, but as soon as I have that solidified, I'll copy and paste the code and modify it for the rest of the sections. The game reviews themselves are also functional, but some parts have been left out. It's complete, though, it's just that the results in the database don't have empty tables for some... Any suggestions will be welcomed...
Thank gawd you found out about stylesheets Wink
Quote:Thank gawd you found out about stylesheets Wink

Heheh. You really seem to like those.

I've just got the registration and login system added. You guys can register on the site, just for the heck of logging in and out...