Poll: Should I include Qbasic Cameos?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
10 100.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cobra
my first guess is that they're ripped from the snes fighting games. and they do sorta look like 'em. but dont try and model that gameplay. those games weren't very fun. i'm not really a huge fan of the show, and it kinda bored me.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quote:my first guess is that they're ripped from the snes fighting games. and they do sorta look like 'em. but dont try and model that gameplay. those games weren't very fun. i'm not really a huge fan of the show, and it kinda bored me.
Huh, blasphermy. Although I disliked the Americanised version of the DragonBall saga, I have seen most of the Japanese episodes now and they are much better (Funimation went as far as totally rearraging the story in some places).

Im not exactly sure where the graphics originate from, I stole them from Mugen (which had pre-ripped characters in a format that I could convert quickly using some tools I wrote). I think they are from one of the early playstation games that never got released outside of Japan.

Did you dislike the gameplay of the snes games, or QBDBZ or both? Im still working on it and still completely open to suggestions and critiscism of course (otherwise Id be a complete hypocrite - see Quake Basic thread).
esus saves.... Passes to Moses, shoots, he scores!
I noticed that while playing your demo, it was a bit too slow. And this may sound sort of nitpicky, but fighting games seem a little more professional when there's a momentary pause when an attack connects.

Stupid Question: What's a hypocrite? I know you all think I'm stupid, but it's just one of those words I don't know yet.
Did you try playing with the speed settings in the configuration menu. It should run at an acceptable speed on any pentium machine. Im thinking of implementing a proper gametick counter so that the games speed is capped ands runs the same everywhere (although slower machines would get jerky gameplay).

Not sure about the momentary pause thing, I like fast fighting games, I could included it as gameplay option though.

A hypocrite is someone who doesnt practice what they preach, eg saying "All men are equal", while showing racial or social prejudice is hypocritical. Because I have been critiscing others work and ideas and arguing lots in the Quake Basic thread (among others), I am quite open to criticism and nitpicks over my projects. Constructive critiscism can really help a project out rather than having everybody falsely tell you its brilliant.
esus saves.... Passes to Moses, shoots, he scores!
Oh, I didn't know the configuration worked! Smile

If you can make the pause right, it will be perfect. Look at Street Fighter Alpha 3. That game is fast, but by adding the momentary pause just right, it looks cool and the hits seem to have more impact.

Oh, that's what a hypocrite is.

Thanks
the snes games. i havent played qbdbz enough to grasp it completely (i prefer to wait for the finished version when possible).

you know, megaman, while sfa3 is a great game, the capcom formula has been done. and done. and done. it might be fun to see some new twists on fighting gameplay.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
I'm just talking about the pause, that's all.
And now for the moment you've all been waiting for... WHO WANTS A NON USER INTERFACIAL DEMO OF COBRA THAT IS SOMEWHAT PLAYABLE! Private message or post it if you want one. Read the
in-game help, the "How to Play" section isn't added yet.
I'm the first to test it.....

C'mon mega post the url. I could host it for ya if you want... :*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Here's a bad demo of Cobra, the reason it's bad is because it still has some "holes" in it, but it's playable and two player can be pretty fun.

http://relsoft.wrq.cjb.net//files/Cobra.zip

Thanks Rel!