Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Express Issue #8 Now Available
Smile You two are finding alot of errors by Pete.... heh..

Say, was that fare having my game "Space Warp" in the running when I havn't really started making it yet... Got some demos, but no framework set up... oh well.. :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
ill edit your mag if youd like im good at that kinda stuff :P
BTW, how was my first QBasic game review?

I hope my review doesn't fall into trash category for some of you.

As for the magazine, reading QB Express issue #7 is still on my "to do" list. Crap.
Deadline for Issue #9: April 15th

It's already time to start getting stuff together for the next issue. Here's a list of what's in store so far:
  • STUFF I HAVE:
    -Writing A Simple BASIC Interpreter - Vincent Peters
    -ACCEPTED DOS/CONSOLE COLOR USAGE - Stéphane Richard
    -EFFECTIVE ASCII DEVELOPMENT - Stéphane Richard
    -Game Review - Joseph Burke
    -Game Review - Cha0s
    -COMMERCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT: Part One - Stéphane Richard
    -COMMERCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT: Part Two - Stéphane Richard

STUFF I'M WAITING ON:
    -PHP Series Part 3 - 19day
    -I.F. Games Chapter 4 - Na_th_an
    -Game Review(s) - Lachie Dazdarian
    -Horse Comic - Rattrapmax6
    -Music Tutorial - Matt2jones
    -Game Review - Vohaul

STUFF THAT I MIGHT GET:
    -OpenGL in FreeBasic Tutorial - RelSoft
    -Game review - Oz
    -FB GUI Tutorial Part III - Nekrophidius
    -Foreshadowing Tutorial - Levi

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR:
    -Stéphane Richard (Mystikshadows)

Not very much yet, but I'm sure you folks will send in more stuff in the coming weeks. All kinds of articles are needed (tutorials, editorials, letters to the editor, QB humor articles, rants, reviews, interviews, previews, QB / blast from the past articles, etc.).

I'm especially looking for reviewers (if you're interested but don't have a game to review, contact me and I'll set you up).

I also need a game for the Gallery, as always.

Send your submissions to pberg1@gmail.com, or PM me!
Pete's QB Site: http://www.petesqbsite.com
Hey dude,

Time is tight, but I'll be happy to help you out with the magazine. Email me or something, or add me to MSN (links below should be correct), and we'll talk. I too am all for a higher quality magazine.
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Smile Hopefully I can produce a betta comic now with that last instalment.. moving it to a better location, you'll see......

Game, Gallery, I'm over hauling Space Warp to freebasic, looking loads diff already since I can use MS Paint over inlineDATA.. :???: ,. if not, you can use it for News.. :wink:

Big Grin Or, I'm thinking of doing a remake RoboRaider for FB while doing SW, to prevent getting board, just need to do up the sprites..... :wink:

Ideas are there.. :roll:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
I updated the list.

Still looking for more articles, especially REVIEWS. (Want to review, but don't have a game? Email me and I'll hook you up.)
Another update to the list!

Stéphane Richards just sent me a GIGANTIC six-part tutorial series on "Commercial and Professional Application Development", which I will either be running over the next six issues or the next 3 issues (depends on how much people send in). So you can all look forward to that.

But on the other hand...

This next issue is looking pretty sparse. I had twice as many articles submitted at this point last month. So everyone: get those articles in! You don't want MystikShadows (Stéphane) writing the whole magazine. Smile
Oy, just pointing out an... error... It mentions "Lin's Legacy II by Cha0s" in there-- Well, first off, it's Lynn's Legacy, and I dunno where you got the II from... :wink: And it's a team effort between Cha0s (code) and me. (graphics, music, design/writing)
Just thought I'd point that out. Smile
Pete - it might be worth coming up with some sort of standardised format for the game reviews. I think we'd get more volunteers if people had a good idea of a structure and scoring framework. A V-Planet based style is a good starting point, eg.

Overview
Graphics
Sound
Gameplay
Grab factor
Lastability
Overall

I'll be happy to do some reviews (to put my money where my mouth is Big Grin) but doubt if I'll get one in for next issue. Do you have a list of games? Bear in mind that I hate RPGs...
In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?