Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a simple 3d rpg style engine
Basically, you just find the closest point in a given plane/polygon to a sphere bounding the player object. Then, check to see if that point is inside the sphere using the 3d distance formula. If it is, then move the sphere back the overlapped distance, along the poly normal vector, starting at the intersection point.

btw: That screen looks cool, but I couldn't try the demo because *SDL missing insertion point*. Did you use a custom version of SDL? Wink
That's cool! :wink:
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
dr_d had the same problem i think there was a minor update to sdl.dll just go to there site and dl the newest dll should clear up the problem
Quote:dr_d had the same problem i think there was a minor update to sdl.dll just go to there site and dl the newest dll should clear up the problem
Yeah it just hit 1.2.9! About time they released another. Tongue
no, it wasnt a custom version, it was the one that came with fb... im not really sure why it would give that error...

but that was with the last version of fb, with the new fb release, i just ran it and got the error::

Fatal Signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

i'll see what i can come up with to find out why it is giving this error w/o any code changes.
I had a program called Project Messiah installed, and no matter what I did, SDL would give that parachute deployment error. When I uninstalled Project Messiah, everything worked fine. I have no idea why either. :???:

Do you have any programs that require dongles?
...d
..d..
..dongles?

:lol: :rotfl:
Eh? Shut up, you! :lol:
nope, the only one ive ever used that required one was 3dsmax, and i dont have that installed...
Man, you might wanna try Glfw. I'm using it now, and I don't think I'll ever use SDL again... maybe just the SDL_Net stuff. I haven't tried networking game yet though. Anyway, just try Glfw... trust me on this one. Wink