Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone interested in making a text adventure as a group?
Quote:OK, lets use them then. Should we start making rooms and stuff? Or do you think we should start with pointers?
In my opinion, you should start with a story. Then you should write a Game Idea Document, a one-page summary of plot, major characters, setting, genre, demographic.

After some research and alot of communication with your technical and artistic teams, you can start working on your Game Design Document, or "Bible". This document is a complete description and tear-down of your game, including menu screens, environmental drawings, character backgrounds, gameplay elements (such as specific things that occur when selecting items, battling, equipping, travelling, interacting, etc.).

This will literally be your Bible. Every person on the various teams (programming, art/animation, sound) should be able to consult this document and have a concrete answer as to how something is to be done. If it's not in the Bible, it doesn't get into the game (generally speaking this is true, but there are always exceptions). In short, the Game Design Document is your game - on paper (many, many, many, many pieces of paper Smile).

After you have finished with your Design Document, then you can start coding, drawing and animating. You need a foundation before you can build a house Smile

But that's just my opinion.
stylin:
True. Alright, lets do that then.
Not yet Snake! It's not over yet!
IMO, a Wiki is perfect for such a document. Preferably one that requires a password.
quote="Deleter"]judging gameplay, you can adaquately compare quake 4 with pong[/quote]
i could make a webpage for story/plot dev.

i'd be setup so we can add, delete, and insert story lines

oz~
Quote:i could make a webpage for story/plot dev.

i'd be setup so we can add, delete, and insert story lines

oz~

sounds good, i could set up a chatroom site so we dont have to keep posting, how does that sound? :-?
Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
I think using this is fine because most of us are never online at the same time. ( well i dont think we've all been online at all yet at the same time)
It may be good to just keep posting anyway so that this thread isn't tossed.
Not yet Snake! It's not over yet!
so, has anyone worked on any code?

anything? even if it has nothing to do with mine whatsoever

oz~
progress?
:o ...(que crickets)...

:lol:
Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.