Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
x.t.r.GRAPHICS is finally off AOL....
Yes, it's been all over the place since I got off AOL myself.. It's now at its new home on Xteraco's server, and has 100x more bandwidth than when it was on AOL.... It doesn't take me ages to upload stuff anymore, I know that.. ^_^

http://www.xteraco.com/xtrgraphics/index.html

It's been getting daily updates since I got it back working agian, and I've changed a few things here and there. Go check it out once agian!
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

[Image: 11895-r.png]
Congrats, and lovin the site's design d=:king:
Itch-Five Design - Your source for free, well designed, web design.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:I use QB religiously. Too bad I'm an athiest.
nice, but the chains of AOL can't be shaken off that easily. thier watching you...buy a gun...
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Nice, but dio's words have a bit of truth in them :p I'd suggest a complete format, if you haven't already.
Quote:Nice, but dio's words have a bit of truth in them :p I'd suggest a complete format, if you haven't already.
Yeah, I haven't, but I think about it.... I know I had this new comp for a weak offline and everything worked fine, but as soon as I got it online and put AOL on it, it started having weird problems... They are almost all gone, but I see them every now and then, so it probably wouldn't hurt to wipe my disks and reinstall everything....

Issues after AOL:
  • Can't use start menu to shut down (have to use case's power switch.. wasn't like this b4)
  • If I load a page w/ alot of images, I'll crash after it sits there for ages, get a "Your Modem has prefomed an illigial action" and have to reboot everything. (Happened all the time on AOL, only once in a blue moon on NetZero.. )
  • I crash offline in oddly.... I'm actualy offline 5minutes before I know about it, unless I'm serfing and stuff stops loading.. And GAIM wont reset right when this happens: so it looks like I'm still online for a few minutes after I crash, which can piss me off when I'm half way into a deep Dev chat, or just a normal chat, etc, cause I miss alot of IMs like that...

Anyway....I'm hoping for some form of high speed where I'm at soon, that'd be alot nicer....
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Yeah, NetZero does the same consistent kicks to me too. Same problem with Gaim. I absolutely hate it!!!

But let's not ruin your thread, We have a d&d forum where we can bash NZ >.>
Why do you guys use any of those services? I've always just paid whatever isp a flat rate, and ran ie, or firefox. Those services are for people that don't know what they're doing. You guys are supposed to be FreeBASIC programmers, damn it! :lol:
Quote:Why do you guys use any of those services? I've always just paid whatever isp a flat rate, and ran ie, or firefox. Those services are for people that don't know what they're doing. You guys are supposed to be FreeBASIC programmers, damn it! :lol:

bingo. quit installing stupid bullshit on your computers people.
btw, i can download at about 310 KB/second
is that good for DSL?
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Quote:Why do you guys use any of those services? I've always just paid whatever isp a flat rate, and ran ie, or firefox. Those services are for people that don't know what they're doing. You guys are supposed to be FreeBASIC programmers, damn it! :lol:
We, or at least I use FF..... Tongue .... NZ is browserless, its just this little box that tells you if you are online or not..... Or do you mean have just an ISP account w/o their software, go through the network tools and log in w/ that funny lil thing?

Quote:btw, i can download at about 310 KB/second
is that good for DSL?
I get 5.0 KB/s on my dail up (If I'm lucky).. So that's good copmared to me.... Tho, Xteraco gets 2596 KB/s .. I'm not sure what he's on besides cable, and that I wish that company was here.... XD
Kevin (x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Quote:btw, i can download at about 310 KB/second
is that good for DSL?

Yep. That equates to about 2.4 megabit, which is a nice speed. I currently have 2 megabit, so you are one up on me ;)

(although our ISP is claiming they will upgrade everyone to 8mb free of charge soon! Cant wait :D)