Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPAM!!!
I add 2 to that and raise it to the 100th power.

Wait, what were we seconding again?
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
my first second-ed-ing. I think... :???:
quote="whitetiger0990"]whitetiger is.. WHITE POWER!!! [/quote]
Here
Is there a setting to prevent users from posting links/pictures until they've made at least 5 posts? Some other forums have that feature.
In the beginning, there is darkness – the emptiness of a matrix waiting for the light. Then a single photon flares into existence. Then another. Soon, thousands more. Optronic pathways connect, subroutines emerge from the chaos, and a holographic consciousness is born." -The Doctor
There are boards that limit the number of posts, limit where n00bs can post, automatic discard triggers, no TEA (temporary email addresses), block IP, block IP Network, CAPTCHA on login, CAPTCHA on post, etc. SMF is the best I've found so far, and has most of these features.
Quote:As a side note, I wish I was a robotic zombie ninja pirate.
Quote:There are boards that limit the number of posts, limit where n00bs can post, automatic discard triggers, no TEA (temporary email addresses), block IP, block IP Network, CAPTCHA on login, CAPTCHA on post, etc. SMF is the best I've found so far, and has most of these features.
The only reason why we're getting spam posts is because phpBB's captcha is a piece of shit. All we have to do is setup something similar to what I have in osFree's forum registration script with myVIPcode, and the spammers will stop provided that you prevent guest posting in all forums, of course.
[Image: 1403.png]
^ Infrosoft
http://www.thecodeyouneed.us.to/ - A wiki of source code, mostly in PHP and FreeBASIC
http://www.osadvocacy.uk.to/ - Your opinion matters no matter your OS
A double captcha. You know, you could just use one captcha with a bunch of words followed by the captcha. Then the bots would have a terrible time extracting it. For example:

"Enter the word alpha followed by the number 234 in the box below."
I use ADaware occasionaly to remove Spyware, which I understand helps generate the Spam. But now and agin I get fed up with all the Cookies dumped on me, and I just delete the lot. Friends of mine always delete all the cookies after everytime they go online. What do you think?

The only disadvantage I can see in removing cookies is you need to log in in full next time with forums such as this. So pehaps someone could produce a program that removes all cookies automatically.

Gordon
Go through the settings of your browser. They can get deleted every time that way.
Screwing with your reality since 1998.
Thanks Anarky.

Even at 73 I still got lots to learn

Gordon

http://sionet.mysite.wanadoo-members.co....QBASIC.htm