Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have no idea how to even start!
I need to figure out how write a program that replaces the vowels in user input with the splat character, *, or ASCII character 42, if you prefer.

The vowels are defined as a, e , i, o, u, and sometimes y. We will only need to replace y if it occurs at the end of a word.

The minimum requirement, that is, to receive a 60%, I have to have the program do the following:

Clear the screen

Prompt the user to enter some text

Allow the user to enter some text

After the user presses 'Enter' print what they typed back on the screen with the vowels replaced with the splat character

Make the program work dynamically. As the user types, output their keystrokes immediately, like a word processor does, replacing the vowels as you go.

If making the program work dynamically, make the backspace key work like it normally does. The program should not crash if the backspace key is presses when the cursor is in column one.

If making the program work dynamically, make the 'Enter' key work like it normally does by moving the cursor to the beginning of the next line when it is pressed.

If making the program work dynamically, and the 'Enter' key moves the cursor to the next line, make the backspace key back you up to the previous line.

Messages In This Thread
I have no idea how to even start! - by Smurfy - 12-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Re: I have no idea how to even start! - by Smurfy - 01-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Re: I have no idea how to even start! - by Ralph - 12-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Re: I have no idea how to even start! - by Mac - 12-31-2007, 02:26 PM