Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with inputting multidimensional string arrays....
Good work, it looks as though you're starting to get the hang of pointers too. They do take a fair amount of practice before they really make sense, try writing small programs to examine how pointers, arrays and variables all work together.

The only thing I would suggest changing in your code is the system("cls"); line. C by itself doesnt have a fine grain of control over the console (because as far as C is concerned, standard in could be a magnetic tape and standard out could be a printer). Have a look for a console handling library, ncurses is the Unix one (which I believe has been ported to Windows) and I think Na_th_an may have mentioned one.

Its really odd that your compiler didn't run the ansi test, did it not compile, not run or just tell you that your compiler isn't ansi complaint. Check through the options of your compiler to see if it has a strict ansi mode (in which case you will need to change your comments from // to /* */ style).
esus saves.... Passes to Moses, shoots, he scores!

Messages In This Thread
Help with inputting multidimensional string arrays.... - by LooseCaboose - 06-20-2003, 10:04 AM