Poll: Should I make an 8-bit gfx version of FF?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, FF is fine as it is.
100.00%
6 100.00%
Sure, looks good.
0%
0 0%
Why bother? It\'ll never get done.
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-bit vs 8-bit, Final Fantasy retouched.
Sorry for the double post, but...! I FOUND IT! Smile The original project files! Smile Only had to go through about 80 discs... Wink It was on an active project CD... I forgot it was still an active project when I made the backup. D'oh! Big Grin

The good news: All the soundtracks I couldn't find in my hard drive's module collection were on the disc, including the elusive marsh cave remix. Also, the entire US version script and each map with blocked and unblocked tilesets are here, plus a little map viewer I had written to view them. I even have most of the monster sprites from the 'official' FF remake (missing a few but got the good ones like Kary and the wizard ogre).

The bad news: The disc has some damage on it, and the project was saved progressively. The later builds are not recoverable, and the only builds that are unscathed are rather primitive. It's not even enough to go on. Looks like several other projects which were abandoned will stay that way as well...

I'll get this stuff archived and put up on my server tomorrow. I hope all this helps. Big Grin

EDIT: I have half of the formations outlaid. I hadn't done this in the past so it's taking some time. As anyone who's messed with this game knows there's more to FF than meets the eye...it's a very technically sound game.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.

Messages In This Thread
4-bit vs 8-bit, Final Fantasy retouched. - by KiZ - 03-23-2004, 03:18 PM
4-bit vs 8-bit, Final Fantasy retouched. - by adosorken - 03-24-2004, 04:43 AM
4-bit vs 8-bit, Final Fantasy retouched. - by KiZ - 03-29-2004, 08:39 PM