Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The QBCPC 2004/2005 is 100% renewed and reopened!
Much MUCH better, Adigun. I applaud your revisions for the most part. However, I do notice that your rule #11 is still a bit off-kilter. While I certainly don't see any real problems with disallowing bloodletting (kids do play these games too), you're still being narrow-minded with disallowing tried-and-true ancient sciences (astrology, tarot, etc. are very legimate sciences and can form the basis for some very excellent and UNIQUE games...anyone ever played Mesopotamia [known as Somer Assault in America]?). In addition, your rule #6 hasn't really changed much and is very ambiguous, whereas before it was just plain biased and ignorant. But at least it's a step in the right direction. Let me see if I understand this correctly...a game based strictly around wizards, evil island gods, and the like is disqualified but a game which instead incorporates these as well as other entities is acceptable? If that's the case, I might even join this compo. Finally, your rule #5 is also ambiguous and heavily open to interpretation. Let's not forget that this is you, AAP, a "very sensitive 27-year-old man" who is disturbed by the slightest thing. 99% of the Qmunity isn't going to be offended or even think twice about the things that bother you, so I highly suggest backing off from this one or you're going to find yourself with another failed compo.

Now for some humor...

Your rule #8, while seemingly valid, goes good up until the end. There is no way in hell anyone's going to delete their hard work just because you said so. Delete this stipulation from your rules at once if you want to be taken seriously, because people do NOT like to be told such things. Your rule #7 is just plain silly and stupid and should be removed, as the possibilities of this happening are quite slim anyways. Oh, and a detail about rule #6...dragons...are any forms of dragons considered "bad"? After all, the original dragon as depicted by the Chinese was more of a wingless serpent...it was only after the dragon myths had fallen into Christian hands that the dragon was converted to a serpentine creature with batlike wings. Are both types of dragons acceptable?

Your rule #3 is a given. I agree with rules #9, 10, and 14. Rule #12 is stupid and should be removed for reasons we all discussed a long time ago. And while I certainly do not agree with rule #13, it's acceptable if you want to limit the genres of games in your compo. And by the way...there is no such thing as a living spirit. A spirit is noncorporeal and has no actual life force.

I am still wondering why the excessive prohibition of sexual stuff...you spend more time telling people to specifically avoid sexual stuff than anything else. Why is that? Is it so hard to write "No sexual stuff, period" or whatever, rather than going into very specific details that will ultimately give the young kids crazy ideas that will pervert their minds far more than if you had just said "no sexual stuff"?

One final note...while it may be a good idea to limit people to one category, you might find that it can also be a deterrent. Limiting people to one category will limit your number of entries, and can easily make this compo, like all your other compos, fail miserably.

You're learning, Adigun. Slowly but surely, you're learning. And for that, I give you a bit of respect. You're starting to learn what the people want. That's what it takes to be a true success. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.

Messages In This Thread
The QBCPC 2004/2005 is 100% renewed and reopened! - by adosorken - 07-10-2004, 10:46 AM