Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any possible ideas/plans for a keyboard handler in FB?
Dearest all of you fine QB45/QB71/FB community:

Konnichiwa!!! (That means “Hello” in Japanese.) Big Grin !

Kicking this off, I can remember right up front that there were keyboard handlers for QBasic/QuickBASIC that were so extremely useful for game programming and stuff, mainly due to the fact that when you press/hold a key, your character(s) just simply moved and kept going and going and going rather instead of that syndrome of “step, stop, and go” on the characters, which can grow very mundane and tiresome to at least some people, you know?

The three (3) examples in QB based on what I am talking about in this are:

• Z-Keyboard Handler
    Authors: Greg McAusland and Christopher Neill of Exposed Dreams

• QBMKEY
    Author: Toshi Horie

And, the QB-created games that I simply know of that had their keyboard handlers successfully implemented were Mono Space, Wetspot II, and the continually-developing Frantic Journey to name just a few. Wink=b

So, with all of that in mind now, do any of you people have a fresh idea or more for building some sort of keyboard handler like that in FreeBasic? All plans and suggestions pertaining to this topic are *most* welcome!! And, any lib at all presented in FB that has a built-in keyboard handler is also allowed in this topic, too! ^_^ !

Well, I thank you all so very much for your wonderful time and consideration. Talk to you soon. :king:

WITH SUCH BRIGHT SUCCESS TO YOU,

[Image: AAPname.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !

Messages In This Thread
Any possible ideas/plans for a keyboard handler in FB? - by Adigun A. Polack - 12-15-2004, 12:13 AM
I second that. ^_- - by Adigun A. Polack - 12-15-2004, 04:54 AM
Well, so far, so good now. - by Adigun A. Polack - 12-15-2004, 10:36 PM