Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
translating win32API C tutorial to fB ::New question::
Quote:Hi
<snip>

With that said, I can't seem to make the FB compiler understand the following wgl statements from msdn:

hRC = wglCreateContext hDC

wglMakeCurrent hDC, hRC

wglMakeCurrent NULL, NULL

wglDeleteContext hRC

The compiler does'nt seem to understand them and it says "variables not declared " when it encounters them.

I need to create a Rendering context with the Device context and then make them current.

Also, on exit , I need to null them both as well as delete the Rendering context.

I'm trying to see a way of setting updirectly OpenGL thru the Win32 API. But, the above and maybe just a couple of other things are getting in the way.

<snip>
Glu

Hi:

I translated one of NeHe’s OpenGL tutorials (Lesson29) to FreeBASIC. It does OpenGL through the Win32 API so it answers your questions above. I found a bug in the DEVMODE definition, and I needed to add 4 new function definitions. I will post the details in a separate thread where they will be more noticeable.

Other than this, all was plain sailing.

The glaux library is not distributed with FreeBASIC, but as far as I know, this is not much used except for loading bitmaps. I am sure you could find it on the internet if you need it, or just use raw format files like lesson29. I will see if I can make a replacement function for loading bitmaps. Or perhaps there are already some available?

I put NeHe’s Lesson29 on my website in case you want to have a look at it. You will find it on this page.

http://www.freewebs.com/weekendcode/windows.htm

Have fun

Garvan

Messages In This Thread
Next question: - by red_Marvin - 03-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Win32 Api wgl - by Glu - 03-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Re: Can someone help me with these Win32 statements - by Sisophon2001 - 03-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Win32 Api wgl - by Glu - 03-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Win 32 - by Glu - 03-23-2005, 10:31 AM