Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Spirit Painter' collaboration, possibly more
With stopping suddenly he probably means that you can actually see the rectancle in the textured areas. I forgot to mention that.

And note something: "not being pro" is not an excuse. Ever. What I meant with "saturated colour" was not about tone. I forgot I was writing in English and you don't have loose meanings Wink . What I meant was "plain", how can I express it? What I meant is that pencils don't mix well with a "perfect" colouring, i.e. what aetherFox said: such a perfect and "flawless" colouring really asks for a "flawless" outline". That's why I suggested watercolours, not for the tones but for the textures and "non-perfection".

The original drawing looks already shaded, i.e. those "unneeded lines" I pointed out in my prev. post., so the shading made with the colouring just mixed badly, that was my other point. You can shade in black and white on with colours, but mixing both shadings doesn't look quite.

My original claim was that the lines were too dirty for the colouring or the colouring too clean for the lines. A different base drawing, cleaner and more defined would have mixed better with the colouring; a dirtier, dimmer, less perfect colouring would have mixed better with the base drawing.

Note that if you both were newbies posting a mediocre drawing I would have said "hey, this is so cool!", but as you both are fairly good in what you do I feel myself in the need of providing a more harsh, more realistic, constructive critique.

I've found you both in a kind of "we like it, we don't care if you don't". And that can or cannot be good, but it's certainly not a good way to go specially if you want to keep improving.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i

Messages In This Thread
'Spirit Painter' collaboration, possibly more - by na_th_an - 03-21-2005, 12:29 PM