Poll: Do I sound over my head.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
4 100.00%
NO
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are Cartoons and Animes *produced*
Quote:I can draw pretty good in my opinion.

Self-confidence, eh? Where we can see your artwork? [Image: wink2.gif]

Nathan and Toonski are right, but some appreciations about their comments:

- For standard animation (not movies) the frame rate is around 12 or 14 FPS. Yeah, I know that NTSC video system is 29,97 FPS and PAL is about 25 FPS, but note that the real animation -not the parallax effects nor screen pannings- is a lot slower than that. Watch with attention.

- The suggestion Nathan gave you is excellent for non professionals. The computer will help you greatly on making animation. Use and abuse scrollings, zooms and motion tweenings, and you'll end with something similar to these older Captain America cartoons (honestly: awesome). Consider also the Flash format to make animations. And don't forget that when you're using a GIF animator, that's animation too.

- About the real equipment, well, Nathan is right again. A cheaper way it's to make the animation in the computer, and then "export" it to a VCR or other type of recordable media using a Video editor/TV capturer or the TV-out of your graphics card. I've done it with Flash-based animation to a VHS tape, and I can recommend this method as it yields very good results. (for not being a professional animation studio, that's it [Image: biglaugh.gif])
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]

Messages In This Thread
How are Cartoons and Animes *produced* - by Hexadecimal Disaster - 01-15-2003, 02:36 AM