Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using blue colour palette in VGA, with QBasic
Hello everyone

I've always been able to use the green and red colour palettes, but whenever I try that for the blue colour, an error message appears. It's been years since I last tried it, but I think the message was "Invalid Function Parameter", but in portugueseSmile. I think it has to do with the number being too big for the function, but I used the procedure described in tutorials, something like: "Green + Red * 64 + Blue * 128" (again, this is from memory so it may not be entirely correct). Is it because I'm using the Interpreter, and it only works with the Compiler (technically making it a bug), or am I doing something wrong? Could you give a very brief code snippet that works? Sorry if this is discussed in tutorials or faqs that I haven't looked into. Thanks.

(I've read the palette tutorial on the site, but it doesn't work for me, since I usually avoid direct port calls and assembly statements).

Messages In This Thread
Using blue colour palette in VGA, with QBasic - by torstum - 06-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Using blue colour palette in VGA, with QBasic - by Anonymous - 06-11-2006, 02:51 AM