Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap / Free Web Hosts with minimal ads...?
Greetings!

I recently embarked on the wonderful journey reffered to me as College, and I have chosen the immesurably difficult task of Music to be my major. Therefore I've joined three singing ensambles, and blah blah blah.

In order to help me prepare for these ensambles, I take all of the music and put them into the computer so as to create a midi file (this way, you can convert to MP3 and practice anywhere!) The other people in my section have expressed an interest in me sharing my work, and I am willing to do it, but I want to make it look fancy (plus putting it on the Web would be an easy way to share it). Since I put all of the parts in at the same time, I can create emphasis (changes in dynamics for the desired part), i.e, create a "Soprano midi" or an "Alto midi" or a "Tenor midi" or a "Bass midi". All I really need is some webspace to do it... I have minimal knowledge in HTML, but I need a little help to get going. Basically, I need to find a webhost who is (preferably) free, or otherwise dirt cheap that I could use to host my MIDI files on, creating (hopefully) a library that I could refer to again and again later in life. Does anyone have suggestions, or could anyone maybe offer up a tiny bit of space? I don't want to be a mooch, but Midis are like, what, 50 KB / file max?

Any suggestions are (as always) appreciated, and yes, I know I just used way too many parenthesis in this post. I'm sorry. I got carried away. Thanks (again!)
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------

Messages In This Thread
Cheap / Free Web Hosts with minimal ads...? - by NovaProgramming - 09-06-2006, 02:18 AM