Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple windows / Multiple programs
I have a main driver program that creates a number of threads, each thread uses the 'exec' command to open another program. Some of the programs do calculations, others do graphics. The driver program is in full screen mode. The graphics programs use screenres but have the -1 flag (shouldn't make a window.) When I run each program seperately, they do exaclt what I want them to, they do the graphics without a window and BSAVE the buffer to a file.

I want the driver to be able to get that BSAVEd file and load it on it's screen, which it can do. The problem is that when I run the helper programs from the main one, the GFX_NULL (-1) flag doesn't seem to work and a window is created, forcing the main program to switch out of fullscreen mode and minimize.

I have tried everything, I have the always on top flag on, the no switch flag, and the fullscreen one.

Is there a way to do what I want here? I explained it the best I could, but it's a weird concept I know, let me know if you need help understanding what I'm doing.
f you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices. The scary part is that if you play it forwards it installs Windows.

Messages In This Thread
Multiple windows / Multiple programs - by wallace - 01-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Multiple windows / Multiple programs - by wallace - 01-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Multiple windows / Multiple programs - by wallace - 01-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Multiple windows / Multiple programs - by Anonymous - 02-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Multiple windows / Multiple programs - by D.slert - 08-27-2009, 03:58 PM