Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Game with one control key" challenge(CLOSED!)
red_Marvin, if you don't feel comfortable with it don't post the code. Do it later, like few days before the deadline when nobody will have time to copy your idea, though I doubt someone actually will do that. I mean, we all know each other and steling someone's idea during this short contest would be so obvius and probably resulted in antagonism toward that entire.

Challenge lasts until 22nd of this month. But since 22nd is Saturday when I can't access the internet I will be accepting the entries until Monday morning(24th) which gives you one more extra weekend to wrap it all up. All entries submitted before Monday morning then will be accepted. I'll need few days to collect the entries, check them, and construct a nice poll. I also plan to make a webpage for the challenge, where all the entries with the screenshots and info will be stored, together with the challenge results. I hate when some challenge ends and in few months nothing is left of it. Like it never exsisted.

I'll point out once more that the deadline might be prolonged for few days if I get enough requests for such action. Like if somone made 2/3 of his entrie and needs just a day or two to wrap it up. If you find yourself in a sitation where you'll have no chance to finish your entrie before the deadline don't hesistate to finish it anyway. I'll have a section for disqualified entries on the webpage I mentioned. It would be shame that your work is left unfinished just cause you won't have a chance to win the award.

Few more points I forgot to mention:
You are allowed to make more keys available to the player as long
as all of them have the SAME function. I mean you don't have to restrict yourself on giving the user an option of playing with specifically THAT key. I mean he can have a choice to play with SPACE, ENTER, SHIFT or whatever key, as long as all those keys have the same function. Or you can add the controlls setup option. That would probably be the best.
Also, all entries must be done in QBasic(any version). I asume all of you knew that since this is a challenge in a QBasic forum. Nevertheless to avoid misunderstandings I'm pointing that out.

Messages In This Thread
"Game with one control key" challenge(CLOSED!) - by Lachie Dazdarian - 11-05-2003, 12:36 PM
hey - by Anonymous - 11-10-2003, 03:07 AM
"Game with one control key" challenge(CLOSED!) - by Anonymous - 11-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Error message - by SCM - 11-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Whoa! - by Ryan - 11-19-2003, 07:20 AM
"Game with one control key" challenge(CLOSED!) - by Anonymous - 11-28-2003, 05:53 PM