Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Game with one control key" challenge(CLOSED!)
Checked you code and done some stuff. Wohoooooo!

Right...the main problem with you code was that you didn't used a PATH to your files and there was no way my QB IDE could find them. I recommend you always use a path$ variable to point you where your game files are and once you are about to compile the game you simply change it to path$ = "" . So I added a path$ variable in main module and conected it with every file load in you code. Change path$ in main module so that it works for the directory where you stored the game files.

http://www.samods.com/~lachie/MARVIN.ZIP

Other things. Your options routines are very crude. I didn't liked them and that's why I PMed you menu routines I use. It's was hard for me to know what each option meant. Nevertheless I played with them and they work now(had problems with tertyp$(0 to 1) variable). In the process I had to create the options.cfg file since it was not included in the package. If you want to compile your game you'll have to remove '$DYNAMIC from your code. That metacommand makes almost all codes uncompilable and nothing really usefull.

I had to add several WHILE RelKey(KEYSPACE) WEND commands in your code to prevent double clicks. For example if I hold space during the game I skip the angle setting and end up directly on velocity setting. Or when the game ends I need to press SPACE to return to main menu and when I get there game automaticly starts again. That's fixed now.

I was stupid enough to forget your real problem so I might deal with it this weekend. But I hope you'll apreciate these nicpicks.

The game itself. I really liked it. The control system is superb and graphic is pleasent for the eye. Liked the bouncing arrow.

Messages In This Thread
hey - by Anonymous - 11-10-2003, 03:07 AM
"Game with one control key" challenge(CLOSED!) - by Anonymous - 11-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Error message - by SCM - 11-10-2003, 10:41 AM
"Game with one control key" challenge(CLOSED!) - by Lachie Dazdarian - 11-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Whoa! - by Ryan - 11-19-2003, 07:20 AM
"Game with one control key" challenge(CLOSED!) - by Anonymous - 11-28-2003, 05:53 PM